My wife and I have stayed at this hotel many times now. There was a blip in service last year (2016) primarily due to building work, but the hotel redeemed itself when we stayed at the end of September this year (2017) and was once again very good.
The hotel is part of a large, well run and managed complex with two sister hotels. The Don Marco is aimed at "grown ups" and we escape here for a few nights once a year away from our kids.
The complex has numerous pools, but the Don Marco has a small adults only pool and jacuzzi - which are fab. We usually go during May / June or Sept / Oct and have never had an issue getting sun loungers, nor have we felt the need to reserve beds during the early morning - though sadly some do.
The breakfast is exceptionally varied and of good quality, with my only moan being the lack of a decent sausage, which seems to be standard in Spain. The restaurant can get very busy in the morning. We've never taken an evening meal at the hotel, as we prefer to go out and explore, but other guests have told us its fine.
We have always found the rooms to be spotlessly clean and well appointed. There is aircon in the rooms, wifi and a safe. Plenty of lifts dotted around the place, although the complex is fairly low rise anyway.
Slightly out of the centre, with a fair old walk up into the town, but definitely one of the best hotels in the resort and highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Don Marco, has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), part of the Sol Don Hotels complex together with Sol Don Pedro and Sol Don Marco. Is the perfect choice for relaxing with your partner and having fun on the Costa del Sol. Magnificent rooms decorated in a modern style, with a balcony and views of the sea, the pools or to the hotel gardens. 22 inch LCD TV satellite, desk, telephone, terrace / balcony, mini bar (*), safe (*) and full equipped bathroom with bath and separate shower or with a shower, hairdryer, magnifying mirror. All the rooms are for non-smokers except those on the second floor. Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, in Sol Don Pablo y Sol Don Pedro. Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Public and Private parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the center of Torremolinos and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Melia, Alpha Holidays Limited, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sol Don Marco by Melia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Marco Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Hotel Don Marco
- Sol Don Marco By Melia Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain