Stayed at the Sol Don Marco for 4 nights at the begining of July.
Rooms are not huge but large enough, well decorated with good quality furnishings and a small balcony big enough for a table and 2 chairs. The bathroom was modern and very clean with bath and seperate shower cubicle,
The pool area was quite small but we always managed to get sunbeds however late we arrived. There was also a balcony area with sunbeds overlooking the beach which always seemed quite empty. Our balcony overlooked the pool area and we could see some people, (sorry - usually us British), putting towels on sunloungers to bag the best places - but it really was not necessary. You could also use the facilities of the other 2 Sol hotels on the complex but although the pools were larger the areas were busier and noisey and we prefered the quiet area in the San Marco. If you have children you may prefer the Sol Don Pablo as this has a children's club, the pool has a shallow section and there were generally more children around that area.
The food was very good. We had breakfast and dinner in the San Marco restaurant which was aslo the restaurant for the San Pedro. Breakfast was the normal buffett style with eggs, bacon sausage etc plus a good selection of cakes, cheeses and cold meats etc should you prefer. Dinner was also buffett style but there was a grill where the chef would cook meat and fish which varied each evening, a roast of some kind, (whilst we were there it was a whole slamon one night, turkey, beef and pork on others). In addition to this there is an Italian area with freshly cooked pizzas and pasta, a good selection of differnt salads and the normal Spainish style puddings consisting mainly of cakes and ice cream. Lunch was taken in the San Pablo restaurant, again buffett style with a similar but slightly smaller selection as dinner. We were very impressed with the quality and selection of the food. The hotel had lots of Spainish staying and this was reflected in some of the choices not being what we would choose - but you are in Spain so why not try something a little different. The wine and drinks were of a good quality and resonably priced.
There was a show in the San Pablo area each evening. These varied between outside acts, (the drag show was very good), and the entertainers miming and dancing to music. Some shows we enjoyed more than others but really it is personal taste. There was also live music in the San Pedro hotel for dancing if you prefer quieter entertainment. All stopped at midnight on the dot - so never any trouble with noise when sleeping.
The location of the hotel was perfect. Right on the front with a few shops scattered around.
You could walk to the centre of town if you needed more shopping but it was all uphill with steps
which was too much for my mother-in-law so we took a taxi up, (about 6 Euros), and walked back stopping in shops and cafes.
A very enjoyable small holiday and we would not hesitate to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sol by Melia present Sol Don Marco, has a privileged location, right on the Bajondillo beach promenade, in Torremolinos (Malaga), part of the Sol Don Hotels complex together with Sol Don Pedro and Sol Don Marco. Is the perfect choice for relaxing with your partner and having fun on the Costa del Sol. Magnificent rooms decorated in a modern style, with a balcony and views of the sea, the pools or to the hotel gardens. 22 inch LCD TV satellite, desk, telephone, terrace / balcony, mini bar (*), safe (*) and full equipped bathroom with bath and separate shower or with a shower, hairdryer, magnifying mirror. All the rooms are for non-smokers except those on the second floor. Wide and varied day and night entertainment program, in Sol Don Pablo y Sol Don Pedro. Sol Don Hotels Complex has 6 outdoor swimming pools for adults, 2 children's outdoor pools, 1 indoor heated pool in winter (in Sol Don Pablo) and 2 hot tubs, surrounded by gardens and overlooking the sea. Different dining areas (Restaurant Casares, Cordoba Restaurant, Bar Bangkok, Bar Andalucia, Bar Patio, Bar Romano and pool bar); free internet connection (WIFI) throughout the hotel; Internet corner (E - point) (*); Public and Private parking (*); Spa and Hairdresser (*); Convention Center with 10 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 500 people (*). A few minutes from the center of Torremolinos and close to the airport, Malaga and Puerto Marina. (*) With charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Melia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sol Don Marco by Melia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Don Marco Torremolinos
- Sol Melia Torremolinos
- Hotel Don Marco
- Sol Don Marco By Melia Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain