Melia Costa del Sol(Torremolinos)
US$250
US$226
US$158
US$146
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$186/night.

US$191
US$172
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$198/night.

Sol Principe by Melia(Torremolinos)
US$272
Free cancellation until 24/07
US$157
US$152
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$204/night.

Bajondillo Apartments(Torremolinos)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$157
US$149
1,040 results
All reviewsdon pabloother hotelsnumerous poolsshower cubiclehalf boardsea viewdining roomsister hotelacross the roadwhole complexlovely hotelsea frontbed and breakfastsun loungersplenty of sunbedsout of seasonlovely room
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We stayed at the Don Marco September 9th - 23rd, room 3001, which was an end room on the side of the hotel, it had 3 beds which made it a very spacious room with a large bathroom ( bath and separate shower ) the balcony got the afternoon sun. The staff were friendly and the room cleaning was excellent. This hotel is one of three Sol hotels within the complex so there is a great choice of sun terraces. The choice of food was good and varied and the hotel shares a dining room with one of the other hotels which can make for busy meal times. The hotel is located just across the promenade from the beach and is within easy walking distance to the centre of Torremolinos which has good bus/train transportation. The Don Marco combined with the costa del sol weather made for a very relaxed holiday. My wife and i look forward to returning to this hotel as we have stayed at this complex before on a few occasions.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank george k
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We were at the Don Marco Hotel August 29th - September 12th room 2015. My self and my husband enjoyed every second of this trip. Sol Don Marco is a good hotel with excellent location. Close to the beach, to the tourist information center, to Calle St Miguel and to bus/train transportation. The rooms are good size and always clean and spotless, thanks to Trini a wonderful lady. At the reception desk everyone we met was helpful, especially Stefania and Miguel both very pleasant and try to help with a smile on their face. Many pools to chose from, we stayed at the Don Marco pool. The pools and pool area always clean. The only issue is not enough umbrellas and the existing umbrellas are in bad shape. Entertainment was good in general. We booked an air transat package with breakfast and dinner. Breakfast was good. However, was a bit disappointed with dinner. There is a big variety of food and one can always find something to eat and never leave hungry, however the food is very bland and not very tasty. The meat is tough. We had much better experience with food at our previous visits to Spain, Costa del sol as well as the Barcelona area and I was really looking forward to eating the lovely Spanish food again but unfortunately it was not as good as expected. I am sure that this will be addressed by the manager Jaime Floyer. Jaime seems to be a good manager, we were impressed to see him in the dining room meeting and serving the clients. He was even there when we were waiting for the bus to take us to the airport.
The whole trip to Costa del Sol was memorable. This is our second time going to this area and with no doubt it is one of the nicest vacation spots in the world. God, willing we will go back to Torremolinos and to Sol Don Marco.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank monalisatoronto
jaimefloyer, Manager at Sol Don Marco by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2011

I am so glad that you had a wonderful trip. I am pretty sure that I remember your group as I don't put everyone on the airport bus!
It was a pleasure to serve you and I hope to have the chance to do so again in the near future.
Best regards,

Reviewed 26 September 2011

We have stayed at The Don Marco several times and are members of their loyalty card, which is really worth doing. We always stay bed and breakfast and this year the food had improved.
My husband is blind and we are always given the same room so that he can get around to the spa, bar etc independently which is a real help. We find all of the staff to be friendly and helpful.
Stefania on reception is really helpful, she even sorted me out with an appointment with a nail technician in town when I broke my acrylic nail.
I noticed that some reviews complain about the area. We like it because we can go to the beach one day and use the excellent train and bus service another day to go to mountain villages eg Mijas Pueblo, cities like Malaga with typical Spanish restaurants, and areas like Rhonda. My only criticism is that there is a shortage of umbrellas round the pool. We will be back.

Room Tip: We like the first floor with rooms next to the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank wiaow

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you feel well looked-after and that you appreciated the improvements that we have made to the menu.
There will be more umbrellas next year.
Best regards,

Reviewed 23 September 2011

Just returned from another lovely holiday at the Sol Don Marco. The hotel was as lovely as ever, the staff always friendly and always smiling. I must complement the hotel on the improvement in the food. I wrote last year how disappointing the food was and I must say that it has improved tremendously since then.

On our second night as we settled down to sleep we heard water dripping through the ceiling in the bathroom. A phone call to reception and within 10 minutes a young man with ladder arrived and sorted it out, also mopping up the floor. I was extremely impressed with the speed of the response and the efficiency in sorting it out at 11.30 pm at night.

We again booked a sea-view room fabulous view. The sound proofing to the rooms is good and does minimise the noise from the bar opposite.

We are looking forward to returning again next year.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jennyag2001
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I will definitely not recommend this hotel for a romantic escape, unless you like being surrounded by others at the swimming pool, the breakfast,... it is not to critize, I understand some people appreciate holidays like this, with disco not so far , bars, and many people to discuss.
Rooms are ok, clean and quite confortable. Bed is ok.
Still a bit noisy, don't select room close to restaurants.
The breakfast buffet is large, but not of such a good quality, for example juices are machine-ones, based on water and sugar, disgusting. I think for htis kind of place, they could afford better quality in general for the food.
free wifi available.