1,711 results
All reviewsa la carte restaurantdining roomon arrivalevening mealpool areawalk in showermain buildinga partial sea viewexcellent hotelbenalmadena marinaplenty of choicethomson repceiling fanhead waiterplenty of sunbedshigh floorcrack of dawn
Reviewed 8 December 2011

My partner and I made our first 7 night half board stay at the Riu Nautilus in Torremolinos in Nov.11 2011.
I have to say that the Hotel certainly lived up to our expectations. Ideally located with respect to the promenade, beach and shops/cafe's etc. the beach being literally a few yards (mtrs) from the Hotel Gardens.

We arrived mid-morning and were checked-in and in our room within 15 mins. Our room was in the Annexe (which I would recommend) as the rooms are slightly larger than those in the main building, and as my partner uses a Mobility Scooter to get around, this proved very handy.
Housekeeping was a treasure, keeping everything spotless AND leaving us little ‘extras’ in the form of sweets and tissue flowers. A really lovely touch.

The room (and bathroom) was spacious, spotlessly clean and well appointed and had ‘Huge’ sliding wardrobes. There was also the usual extras, TV (which we hardly used), mini-bar (which we took advantage of as the contents, beer, wine, spirits, water & juice were very handy and all modestly priced as well as having some spare space for a carton of milk). As there are no tea/coffee making facilities in the room we normally carry a small travel kettle for the early morning ‘cuppa’ so the mini-bar was handy to store the milk.
The beds were very comfortable and the air-conditioning very efficient although we preferred to use the large ceiling fan to keep the room cool.

The views from the balcony were hardly ‘awe inspiring’ BUT to be honest this is something that is way, way down on my list of ‘must haves’. Firstly, we hardly ever spend any time in a Hotel room and if we do use the balcony, it is only for the ‘early morning cuppa’, to have a smoke or to sit for awhile reading, so having some sun, yes, having a view, not really important.

Dining was an absolute pleasure. We opted for the ‘late’ sitting (7:45) evening meal, which suited our normal dining habits and were allocated a set table for the duration of our stay, which I thought was a definite plus. Although for breakfast, it was a ‘free for all’ regarding tables but we never had much of a problem finding a table.
The quantity, choice and quality of all the food (both for breakfast and evening meals) was superb so can’t fault anything, Chefs to be highly commended.

The evening entertainment varied from 'just OK' to excellent. The highlight for me was a guitarist 'Roque Casabona' who was not only a fantastic musician but was entertaining and amusing with it.

All of the staff we encountered were friendly, helpful and really made you feel welcome.

The only ‘downside’ I have with this Hotel, purely from a personal and mobility viewpoint, is that it can be quite inconvenient to reach some of the areas within and around the Hotel. The Hotel is on multiple levels and although lifts and ramps are in evidence, they can be awkward to negotiate. For example, access to the dining room (which is one level down from the main lobby) is via stairs. A small lift is provided which can ’just’ accommodate a small wheelchair and as the doors are at right angles to each other (entry & exit) it is awkward to say the least, no chance with a mobility scooter. No ramp from the pool bar to the pool area, also the ramp from the pool area to the prom is also quite narrow (with 180 degree turn) again, just manageable with a wheelchair but a real struggle with a scooter. We found that was easier to leave by the main entrance and go ‘round the block’ to get to the prom, likewise coming back. Access to the pool bar tables(outside), from the dining area is around 4-5 yards, BUT down steps. So, using scooter (or wheelchair) it is, back to the annexe, down the lift, 300-400 yards to the pool then back 100 yards to the pool bar tables. Like I said previously, no problem for able bodied, but a ‘little’ inconvenient for wheelchair, scooter users or those with mobility problems.

That said, an excellent Hotel, a most enjoyable stay and would definitely visit again.

5  Thank Dalwood
Reviewed 3 December 2011

My husband and I have just returned from this hotel and this is certainly one of the best hotels in the Torremolinos area. The location is excellent: only separated from beach and see by a promenade, lots of restaurants and cafes nearby, on walking distance from the shopping area in Torremolinos ( 2km ) and a stones throw away from the pittoresk Puerto Marina. Also a bus stop at 100M.The room with seaview was spacious and quiet, only a better and newer television would be better. Pool area lovely with enough sunbeds and heated pool (november).
Wifi avalable in the lobby for a reasonable price ( 10 EUR for 10 h.) Food in the nice restaurant is excellent and varied. We would definately go back! Tip: the hotel will be completely refurbished as from November next year.

4  Thank AliceHautbellain
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Stayed in many hotels in Spain over the years and can honestly say this is one of the best. Meal times were hassle free with having own table for the duration of holiday, eliminating table saving problems. Food is nicely cooked with good variety. Rooms are a pleasure to stay in Also liked the payment tab at end of holiday with no money changing hands until last day.
Location is excellent with beach across walkway with many interesting shops and cafes in walking distance. Marina a stones throw away. Well placed for walking the length of promenade it goes on forever when walking towards Torremolinos.
Pool area is manned by lifeguard who also polices pool, making sure people from beach do not abuse facilities. Very quiet around the pool with very few children, if any, at time of our stay May/June Downside is the entertainment which we found very boring, prefering to go out at night rather than stay in hotel lounge.. Overhaul this is a good quality hotel and would definately go back.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking pool area as then you will get a sea view and sun at some point in the day..
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank retiredfemale
Reviewed 14 November 2011

My wife and I have just returned from the Riu Nautilus where we had hoped to have the same experience as when staying at the Riu Monica at Nerja only to be disappointed. We chose it because of it's high food rating. If it was the time of year or maybe the economy that effected the standard I don't know, but it suffered badly in a comparison with the Monica. We couldn't say we starved, but choosing what to eat was a chore, maybe a strip of 3mm thick steak over cooked or hardly cooked, or chicken leg bone, notice I say leg bone not chicken leg, under cooked potato slices, you had to read the naming card to know what you were looking at. If you were a lover of salad I would say you were well catered for. A couple we were allotted to sit with were in their 3rd week and said that the food was a little better previously.
I have to say the staff were excellent, and the room service could not have been better. We can only hope for the Hotels sake that the head Chef was off that week

Room Tip: If you like sun on your balcony ask for it because depending on the time of year it will differ.
5  Thank alawor
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my husband for a week. The room was very well adapted, apart from the balcony. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom well equipped for a wheelchair user. The whole hotel was wheelchair accessible and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast buffet was extensive and very good indeed. We only did B & B so cannot comment on other meals. The hotel is next to the promenade which goes for miles and is totally wheelchair accessible. This is the only hotel I have found in Carihuela that is beachfront and really wheelchair accessible.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple