Melia Costa del Sol(Torremolinos)
US$251
US$227
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Sol Principe by Melia(Torremolinos)
US$346
US$291
US$183
US$179
US$208
US$190
Melia.com
  • Beachfront
Marconfort Beach Club Hotel(Torremolinos)
US$278
US$154
US$144
Orbitz.com
1,648 results
All reviewsa la carte restaurantdining roomon arrivalpool areaevening mealwalk in showermain buildinga partial sea viewexcellent hotelbenalmadena marinaceiling fanthomson rephead waiterplenty of choiceplenty of sunbedshigh floorcrack of dawn
Reviewed 7 February 2011

We booked a week's holiday, online through Thomson, at the Riu Nautilus in Torremolinos. The hotel stands in a good position, right next to the beach and within walking distance (about five minutes in a leisurely stroll) from Benalmadena marina. Sadly, the weather could have been better, but our stay at this hotel more than compensated for it! All the staff were very attentive and friendly and the food in the dining room was excellent. Our room was spotlessly clean, and I reported one minor problem - the hairdryer did not work as well as I expected, and it had been replaced on our return a few hours later. Overall, an excellent holiday and I would not hesitate to recommend it.

1  Thank JanisWestYorkshire
Reviewed 30 January 2011

Introduced my parents to Riu for the first time and, as expected, they loved it.

Friendly welcome with cava, staff caring and helpful throughout, especially in the restaurant.

Nice rooms, great bathrooms.

As I've found with Riu before, the standard of food is excellent for a 'holiday hotel'. High quality, good choice, always a few special dishes prepared on the spot. Cocktail before the theme night was a nice touch and gave things a sociable feel. Ma has to eat gluten-free and was exceptionally well looked after by the head waiter. They even brought her gluten free breads at breakfast - and breakfast was a plesant experience, though it often isn't in holiday hotels.

The hotel enjoys a superb location right on the beach promenade, which was just perfect for a stroll around the marina and - best of all - a gentle 15 minute stroll to the lovely Carihuela beach and its shops and cafés in the streets behind.

Given it was December, the heated outdoor pool was a bonus (although there weren't not many others braving the water).

Evening the evening entertainment wasn't bad when we watched the flamenco show.

A few fun, cheap bars right behind the hotel are worth a visit.

Has to be the best hotel in the area, and we got a great price accommodation only through Thomson.

Would recommend to anyone.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank deeboy
Reviewed 30 January 2011

I stayed here with my husband for 2 weeks.
The hotel is in a great location, handy for Torremolinos and Benalmadena. We had a room overlooking the pool and gardens and had sea view from the Balcony. Although we were very near to the promenade there was no noise which enabled us to have a good nights sleep.
The rooms were well furnished and spotlessly clean. We had clean towels whenever we wanted and the rooms were cleaned daily.
The restaurant was very well organised and had a good variety of food to suit all tastes. We particularly liked the many different salads but there was also lots of cooked food to tempt us also.
We did use the bar and although the drinks were a bit pricey they were very well presented and the service was excellent. We also visited the Lazy days bar across the road which had a very nice atmosphere and my husband could watch his English Sport programmes.
All of the staff were very pleasant and very attentive. Jacob, the manager, came around regularly to check everything was OK. He even arranged lots of sunshine for us!!
We didn't hire a car but we did use the public transport which ran very close to the hotel
and we found that very reliable. The bus from Fuengirola on market day got a bit crowded and although we were packed in like sardines, everyone was very jovia about it.
All in all, a very good holiday and the Riu Nautilus was one of thebest hotels we have stayed in. Thank you for making our stay so pleasant.

1  Thank pearl d
Reviewed 18 January 2011

We always stay at Riu hotels as we find everything about the chain to be of a very high standard. Our room was clean, bright & spacious although it smelled strongly of cig smoke. I found the bed quite comfortable but my wife would have liked an extra pillow. The bathroom while not too spacious was also excellent. The pool area was nothing out of the ordinary.The surface area was not too large but it did the job perfectly & it backed out onto the seafront walk & beach. The food served at the breakfast & dinner buffets was excellent- we enjoyed every meal. One thing I certainly did not like was been allocated a table with strangers every night. During our stay the hotel was full of elderly germans. I would have preferred a table to ourselves & did request it when I booked but to no avail. Also I could not understand why tea & coffee was inc with your breakfast but not with your dinner- you had to order it & it was charged to your room. The cocktails in the bar were also the weakest I have ever tasted in a Riu Hotel. I'm just been picky I suppose as overall we enjoyed our stay & will continue to use Riu Hotels.

2  Thank rodzer
Reviewed 16 November 2010

Stayed here for 4 nights in November. Hotel is classed as Torremolinos but closer to Benalmadena being only 5 minute walk to marina. Highlight of the hotel is the food, buffet style but far superior to usual type of buffet found in many Spanish hotels, with many items cooked as you wait. Downside is not many dedicated tables for two so good chance you will be sat on a table with someone else. Excellant location with lovely promenade at front with stretches right up to Torremolinos and beyond. Good local transport, with buses and boats nearby but quite a distance to railway station. Must see is Paloma Park I have visited many parks in the world including Central Park in New York which is a favourite but this whilst only small ranks as one of the best with all sorts of wildlife roaming freely a perfect oasis in the centre of town. Mijas is worth a visit (half day) with a very small but atmospheric bull ring worth a visit (not when there is a bull fight on)! At rear of Hotel there are numerous small friendly bars with lager at 1 euro a pint. Would definately stay again probably not at height of season but ideal at this time with weather still in the mid 70"s.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple