“Great Hotel, made my trip a pleasure”
Review of SENTIDO Amaragua

SENTIDO Amaragua
Ranked #24 of 71 Hotels in Torremolinos
Alabama USA
“Great Hotel, made my trip a pleasure”
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Just to quickly state a few good aspects of this hotel, one of best locations possible, 20 to 22 Euro from airport by taxi, good breakfast great variety, lots of bread, good service, most important to me , the great pool area, lots of sunbeds, nice large clean pool right on the beach. room cleaned every day before 11 am,Good variety of food at night, and I like to thank Jose at the desk for helping me with a couple day trips, had a lot of fun staying there. Like some reviews have said, in the older section the rooms may seem a little dreary but they are fine. Not all rooms have a good sea view, but I found out it didn't make any difference, For the price , I think it's a good choice.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank IrishDanny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Established Hotel in the centre of Carihuela. Good outside areas, lots of free sunbeds. Nice private area on the beach but the sunbeds on the beach must be paid for they are not free. Clean Hotel.. but a little tired now. large selection at breakdfast with eggs done to order by chef.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Hils21
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Enjoyed our stay in Amaragua hotel so much!!! It should be rated as 5 star hotel!

1.The location is perfect – just in front of the sea, great promenade for walking to Benalmadena and Torremolinos, with a lot of bars, restaurants and shops, easy access for sightseeing, visiting different cities, airport is just 15 min by taxi, though didn’t hear the airplanes – they fly different direction, bus stop is in 5min walking distance.
2.Very nice atmosphere in the hotel – though it’s located in a dynamic place, you feel very relaxed and safe there: nice lawn with free sunloungers, swimming pool, bar and fountain, surrounded by beautiful trees and flowers, impressive lobby with a lot of antiques placed there, charming music in the backfround. The interior is decorated in beautiful traditional Andalusia style.
3.SPA is fabulous with it’s swimming pool, jaquzzi, sauna & hammam!
4.FOOD!!! It was fantastic in it’s quality and variety – begin day with Muscatti Brut with chocolate fondue and end with seafood, presented in rich variety of fish, shrimps, mussels, etc. And restaurant is overlooking the sea!
5.The service was great – especially in the restaurant (staff is very fast and helpful), reception staff was friendly as well, provided us with maps and advices for sightseeing and shopping. Besides, they kindly provided us with another room on the lower floor in the modern building, as we asked. Rooms cleaning was good, with one minus – my Lancome mascara was stolen:(
6.Free Wi-Fi
I love you, Andalucia!!!:)

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank Jingerella
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 30 May 2011

We stayed in this hotel for a week. I can say that this is perfect place to stay, especially for couples, families with children of all ages, and older people.
We had a room on the 6th floor, with side sea and pool view. But it was really nice also! So do not be afraid of words "side view". Furthermore, it was written an the floors, that there are non-smoking, but we lived on 'smoking' one, and I did not smell the cigarettes at all.
The room by itself was really nice, very very clean, with big bathroom - bath, shower, hairdryer. The things that made us smile were that, even the toilet had a sticker 'sterilized' on it, so you had to cut that to use it :) soaps, sponges, shampoo + shower gel, glasses for tooth brushes and water were also there.
It was written, that they clean the room several times a week, and change towels 3-4 times. But, they did it every day :) so after the day spent on a trips or at the beach/pool, we came into freshly clean room, with new towels and bed 'clothes'.
The other good things were breakfasts and dinners. They were also perfect, made with love, and with lots of varieties for each and every person. Different breads - long grain, white, black, middle toned :) butters, cheese, varieties of ham, jams; corn flakes and muesli; lots of fresh fruits, juice and desserts; also bacon, sausages, eggs - they prepare it in front of you! And yes, perfect coffee with milk! Well, there was also champagne... but who drinks it for breakfast? :) Also... during the breakfast we saw dolphins in the sea, so sometimes watch the sea!
Dinners... varieties of salads, their native paella (seafood, chicken with rice or noodles), several soups + gazpacho, meat, fish, souses - there was everything you want to eat :) fresh seafood, like big shrimps or those things in a shell, probably they are called mussels, but I am not the best English speaker :) and yes, desserts! puddings, freshly baked cakes, fruits, ice-cream... so you could finish your ideal meal with ideal desserts!
When you choose a place to sit, then waiter comes and asks, what would you like to drink. During breakfast drinks are free, but during dinners not. So they will bring you the bill, but the prices are reasonable - about 4eur for two beers, or 6 for two sangria. Also, they have a menu for wines, that we did not use, as we do not drink wine. And you can pay the bill while you go out of the restaurant, or while you check-out.
Pool and beach... You can rent towel for 10er deposit. The tanning-beds are free nearby the pool, but on the beach in front of the hotel they cost 4,5eur per person. Nice cool water in pool :) children pool also, showers, toilet.
They also have Spa inside the hotel, with pools, saunas, mud procedures, cosmetologist, but we did not use it. And yes, I think each procedure costs something, but I cannot tell a lot about it.
Well, I think I wrote about details a lot, but if you have questions you can contact me. Or even if you have questions where to go, what to see - ask me, because we went to Gibraltar and ocean by ourselves, and this was the best trip in my life. And I am sure not the last one :)

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank OlgaStarshova
cboden21
Reviewed 8 April 2011

I stayed in the Hotel Amaragua in the last week in March 2011 and it was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed it. I loved it from the moment I got dropped off by our transfer. We arrived early and the receptionist allowed up to put our luggage in to a private locked room until our room was ready so we walk around the complex and walked along the promenade until 1pm.
When we got into our room it was so clean, the only down side was that we did not have the best view, but it was okay! The beds were changed twice during our stay and the towels where changed every day. We also had extra blue towels for taking out to the sun loungers or to the Spa.
The Spa was out of this world, there was a swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam rooms and it was never that busy so it was always very enjoyable to go there. I went every day.
We stayed half board and the food was lovely and I am a fussy eater, there was always plenty to choose from and could always have gone up for seconds or even thirds.
I found the staff very nice and pleasant. The hotel has 3 computers with internet access however only 1 worked the whole time I was there.
The hotel is located just on the beach front and there is a promenade which is lovely to walk along. There are loads of shops, bars and restaurants. The Marina and Irish bars are only 10 minutes walk.
I just want to say thanks to the all the staff for wonderful and stress free stay. We will be back again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends