46 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$259
Hotels.comUS$260
travelup.comUS$254
5,352 results
All reviews lagoon pool family suite kids club the lion king half board family holiday across the road sea view smaller pool big hotel evening entertainment something for everyone fantastic hotel crisps mini disco dining room great holiday
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 July 2022

Stayed here in June 2022. The hotel is listed as 4* but it just misses the mark. The rooms are clean with towels changed daily and the pool areas are well maintained. We always managed to get a sunbed and the lagoon style pools were lovely; I wasn’t as satisfied with the adult pool which was small, shallow and always seemed quite dirty.
The food was plentiful but typical holiday buffet and someone really has to show the chef how to season potatoes! This is the main reason I wouldn’t return as there is no point in paying for half board when you have to eat out because you can’t face pork or chicken again.
The hotel does cater very well for families and there is a nice, happy atmosphere. Although there were always queues at reception and in the restaurant, they moved quickly and the staff were very attentive and friendly.
In short, this hotel is very much aimed at people with small children or are happy to eat basic food.

Date of stay: June 2022
Guest Services, Other at Sol Principe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear guest,

First, I would like to thank you for taking part of your time to write and share your review of your experience at the Sol Principe hotel. We feel pleased knowing that your experience has been satisfactory, all the hotel staff work every day to offer an optimal service.

However, please be assured that I will transfer this information to the appropriate departments to improve our services and achieve full customer satisfaction.

We really hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at the hotel and offer the best hotel experience in Torremolinos.

Kind regards,
Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 2 July 2022 via mobile

These are the pros and cons in my two weeks stay in this hotel

The pros
Opposite the beach and the entry and exit is a security door on the main road. Most hotels on the strip operate this way. You will need your room access card to get in
The beaches are miles long so you will have plenty of opportunity to walk. I prefer further down the vase towards the Melia hotel as it is near a port which is has slightly more up market restaurants and shops. The beaches are all sand
Bra
Breakfast variety was okay. Definitely not as good as other places though
The pools are the biggest things going for this hotel. They have two which are shared at the back of the hotel with another hotel, I guess under same owner, and one at the front. Get there early and do what all the scum do and put your towel on sun beds. It will be hard to find one free otherwise. It’s common for sun beds to have a towel on them and not being used literally for hours.
The pools have a life guard which is good if you have kids
Rooms overlooking the beach but if you want some peace refer to cons
The weather was superb every day in the two weeks I was there. No doubt this is why there are so many people
Some good entertainment at night. Live bands, etc which made my stay more enjoyable
Parking at the back if you want to rent
Rent a push or e bike available at the back. It is more expensive but that’s what is expected and you’d be better off looking elsewhere in less tourist mad locations
Nice restaurant where you can sit outside with sea views
Loads of stuff to do. You have loads of eating places and bars. Fish and chip places as we all know some Brits can not deviate from their normal life styles, but for the more well travelled people out there that like an adventure, try their local food and fresh fish like sardines. The squid is frozen like salmon and other variety of fish so check with the place you visit. I was eating fresh sardines, about 7 euro for ten and freshly caught swords fish. A beer will set you back about 3.50 pounds a pint.
Clean rooms of good size with bath and shower
Pharmacy walking distance at the back of hotel. You also have a local supermarket of you need to get essentials or snacks for the kids
Staff are friendly but don’t expect everyone to speak English. This is not Scandinavia where English is compulsory and even better spoken than a lot of Brits

The cons
Management issues
Reception check in is manned by two people and the check in process takes far too long
Not the best place to stay if you want to avoid covid but then again it’s difficult times but I thought the hotel could be doing a lot more
When I was greeted on the first day of my stay they had to swap people because of the language barrier. Common in Spain and Italy and I can deal with this. However, the process is too slow and hey also asked me to sign a form which was not even in a English. To speed up the process people just sign
Hygiene. I don’t envy hotels trying to run a business during and after the main outbreak of covid, however, I can not tolerate staff putting cutlery on tables and leaving fingerprints. This is very common in the UK as well and I have literally walked out of place if I find my cutlery has finger prints, not to mention my plate. English are generally. To the most hygienic people, obviously I am stereo typing here but the majority, if any of them, will notice this. It is tolerated but for me I am trying to avoid a virus and the virus has not made people any wiser. Moreover, the doors are not being cleaned regularly. Fingerprints everywhere. They did have a few sanitizers bough in the restaurant. I’d be very surprised though if I don’t have covid after returning back to the UK. Too many silly people and crowds
I would have preferred an adult only hotel
I had a room overlooking the beach with a balcony. The issue is there is a small street on this side for deliveries, collecting trash etc. this means at all time of the days, even at night you can be disturbed by a lot of noice. This was okay for me because I am a heavy sleeper but I mention this in the event you have kids and want them to sleep so you can relax. Just don’t expect to be able to leave the balcony door open
I hate to say it but I hate British tourists and there is just too many. If it wasn’t for the weather it would be like I never left. A lot of English, Irish and Scottish in particular. Personally I prefer other places to visit but not going to share otherwise they will end up there as well

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear guest,

Kind regards,
Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 30 June 2022

stayed here june 2022, poorly run hotel. queues for everything especially reception, took as long to fly to spain as it did to check-in (almost ! ! Main thing was leaking air-con ,and mould from long term damp damage was reported 3-4 times and never fixed or resolved until our final night.
tried to stress it was harmful to an emphysema sufferer,but to no avail. FINALLY go a member of the management team to look at the room and she insisted that we sleep in another room WRONG,WRONG,WRONG !

Reviewed 28 June 2022

I have stayed at Sol Principe in June 2022 .
Our flight have been cancelled and we arrived at the hotel one day later .On the arrival the type of room booked by us was not available .I don't understand as we never cancel our reservation ,but the hotel allocate to us a family room outside the hotel in a annex.
Next day we ask for a different room and Elena was nice enough to change our room, but just imagine to unpack and than pack and unpack again in the next room.
We have had late check out on the last day and we paid for it 50 euro but guess what we moved again to a dirty room this time.
Apart of check in and check out experience ,in terms of food they are ok except the fact that being busy they don't fry enough the stake and was not cooked.
Bed suns not enough, if you don't wake up at 7am not any chance to get one. As well for refreshing the towels you have to pay 1 euro - really we pay so much for a holiday but we still need to pay an euro. Cleanliness was great ,they change sheets if you request only.
Nice hotel but definitely need to improve customers skills.

Reviewed 22 June 2022 via mobile

I am just back from a weeks stay away in this hotel with my partner and our 18month old daughter. This was our first trip as a family and our first time on holiday together since before covid!
Overal we really enjoyed our time here! I like many people I enjoy reading reviews and read many on the hotel before we visited!

Check in was okay. It was a bit slow due to being a lot of people checking in at the same time and only 3 staff on the reception point. However we got into our room quickly and didn’t have to wait about… the lobby had a little section with toys and tents etc for small children so we really appreciated this!

Our room was clean, had everything that we needed. So no issues there. Also the staff who cleaned the rooms etc where super helpful and always had the rooms tidied and cleaned by the time we came back to them in the later afternoon:…

The hotel is pretty big, with loads of people staying. But there is plenty of pools and sunbeds to cater for everyone… we sat around each of them on a different day,
The quieter pool at the beach front… would be better for anyone who wanted a much quieter day. Although the pool doesn’t open until 11 which I found was kind of late….
But other than that I couldn’t fault any of the general pool areas. Something to suit everyone. And the splash park was good my daughter loved it!
Beds are chained up until 9am. We had no issues with getting beds every day… although, some cheeky people would climb over the locked gates etc and reserve the umbrellas… however staff were very good at removing reserved beds if they had been unaccompanied for an hour.

Day time entertainment was good. We didn’t partake but we enjoyed watching…
Evening entertainment was decent. Some nights better than others but still a pleasant evening’
I must say. The young girls who done the mini disco for the children were honestly a credit to the hotel… so cheerful and always so full of energy… our daughter was too young to partake but we honestly just enjoyed sitting watching.

We were all inclusive, the food was okay! Just as you would except in a family hotel. Lost to
Choice and options. Staff were helpful with replenishing drinks
We personally tired to get to meal times not long after they opened, as this tends to be the quieter time. When the hall is busy… it’s a bit of a cattle market… no fault of the staff, it’s the other people staying in the hotel who would be the rude ones pushing in and
Making the whole experience not enjoyable
All inclusive drinks options were good! Que for drinks at times could be long during the day but this wasn’t really an issue.
The snack bar, unfortunately didn’t have much options. Chips and chicken nuggets basically along with some cold meats and breads.

Location of the hotel is good. We ate out a few times over the week and there is lots of different options around the area!

All the staff were polite and pleasant.

The ONLY thing I found really disappointing and annoying out of everything during our time here was the lifts. We’re were only on the first floor. But as we had a small child we always had a pram. And even tho our hotel room section had 3 lifts available, we had to carry the pram up and down the stairs most days as when we called for a lift, it was always full… and we would be left stand for AGES… so I have no idea how we would have coped if we were on any of the higher floors.

All in all, I really would recommend…
We would definitely return in the future!

Trip type: Travelled with family