3,577 results
All reviews piano bar hand sanitizer bar staff free bingo their hands pool area across the road pizza and pasta plenty of choice great holiday crisps evening entertainment dining room all inclusive hotel until midnight la colina kebab
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Having booked in July for a short break at then end of the school holidays, and only then reading some reviews, we were sceptic and apprehensive!
However, we had a great time.
Hotel was clean and well presented, with nice and helpful staff, who made you feel welcome.
Rooms were clean and tidy with plenty of towel changes, air con ok.
Pool side - plenty of beds and umbrellas, with very little being reserved before breakfast.
Food and drink was excellent. The choice was extensive, we’re not fussy eaters so did the most of it. Plenty of salads, hot & cold meats a fish, vegetarian choice as well with large choice of puddings etc.
Drinks were limited to 2 per order at the bar, which was a bit of a hindrance as we were 5, but understandable.
Before entering the restaurant all ages had to use the hand cleanser, which was a great idea.
We had a great time and will definitely consider going back next year.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Lynda B, Front Office Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to send us your very positive 5 star review for your very recent holiday with us. Your points of view and comments are very helpful to other readers. Thanks again we look forward to seeing you again next yearafter our refurb this Winter.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

I was very worried after ready some of the reviews but thankfully we saw no evidence of the sickness bug, nor did we have any illness ourselves.
However, this does not detract from the fact that this hotel is as far way from a 4 star as it is possible to be. The reception is very impressive but it's all downhill from there. Horrible dated hallways and rooms, a restaurant in desperate need of refurbishment and a variety of sun loungers and parasols around the pool ranging from OK to downright dangerous. The response to these complaints is likely to be that the hotel is closing for refurbishment this year but that is of no consolation to me and others who have paid to stay at a supposed 4 star hotel, only to find that it is a full refurbishment away from being that.
The hotel was clean and the staff friendly but I would not recommend, or return to this hotel
Tip: Bring your own towels for the pool as the hotel does not provide them.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Katy M
Lynda B, Front Office Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Hello Katy many thanks for sending us your comments and your points of view.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

During my stay at the sister hotel of the beach club I was able to use the beach bar facilities. Although the walls surrounding were high and you didn’t have a beach view this was an excellent place to stop and use the all inclusive service whilst visiting the beach. Food and snacks were available as well as wine beer and soft drinks. There was usually a paella on too!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi Lindsey many thanks for dropping us a line with reference to the beach bar facilities.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

If you have a tender stomach DONT stay at this hotel!! Read your reviews first and take them on board! I wish we did. I would rate the whole experience as a 0

Me and my partner arrived last Friday for a short 4 night break (our first short well deserved break without the little one) but wish we never bothered....after being severely delayed by easy jet then arriving at this hotel was a big dissapointment. This hotel is an apparent 4* but I would say a 3* it’s very dated which isn’t a problem but when you’ve paid an absolute fortune for just a long weekend stay it’s very dissapointing, my partner was gutted as this is what he’s worked hard for. We’ve stayed at beautiful 4-5* hotels for less money than this place.

So it all started with a constant headache that I couldn’t shift then two days later onto the violent sickness bug where I was bedridden, we had to request and pay to keep our room for our last day. I have never been so ill and experienced such terrible stomach pains. We see others being sick on day one but put it down to eating to late, how wrong was I! The day we was leaving we see all the cleaners clearing up sick and doing a deep clean within the hotel, this to me tell me they have big issues. And yes we did use the hand sanitisers upon arrival of the restaurant but no way is this killing all the germs going around this hotel. I’ve seen stupid comments previously on here about people not using the sanitisers but I got the bug and I used them.

The sun beds are an issues they are old, brake easily and too close together, I don’t have a problem with smokers at all but when your feeling delicate and tender and stuck so close to them it’s horrible and it was constant.

The beaches are beautiful, the surrounding area wasn’t anything to look at. Think you have to pay for the sun beds at the beach.

The hotel food was cooked in so much oil you come out stinking from the restaurant on each visit. I am not being picky but I do like to eat healthy and even the veggies were swimming in greasy oil.

Safes- an additional charge even though you’ve spent a good £1600 with them for four nights!!

Indoor swimming pool out of action, looks like it hasn’t been in use for a while.

I couldn’t tell you much else about the area as we didn’t get to do anything and probably won’t be doing it again.

The only positive out of this is that we didn’t have our little boy with us as I wouldn’t want to see him get this terrible bug.

If you want a bit of luxury with nice drinks, food, don’t stay here.

Room tip: Sea view was nice
Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
15  Thank Christina S
Lynda B, Front Office Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Thanks for sending us your comments and points of view. We are disappointed to read you were unwell during your stay with us, we hope you are fully recovered. Just to advise we have a very strict policy in place with health and safety at all times. Plus the hotel like all other hotels is inspected by the Health Authority here in Spain. Thanks for your points of view re the facilities . Our indoor pool is open during the Winter months when the outdoor pool is too cold to use. The hotel is making vast improvements this coming Winter with a full refurbishment. We wish you the best.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

No way this is a 4 Star more a 3 star hotel, pool area dirty cigarette ends everywhere and in the parasol bases, some broken and worn looking parasols, restaurant felt grubby and dirty, food was ok at first then got horrible toward end of the week, myself, my 9 month old baby and my 9 year old son was sick with the bug that the hotel seems famous for we had a tv crew outside hotel asking us if we were sick with the bug which was suspicious, we had to get a doctor for my baby who was sick and was prescriped medication that we had to go and pay for, they seem to clean front of the hotel more than the pool and other areas needs a major refurbish which is happening this winter shame it wasn’t done earlier as we’re a hard working family who paid a few thousand for this run down dirty old hotel the location was perfect and pool was nice to swim in that’s about all, and the all inclusive drinks were awful they put so much in it makes it taste so sickly! Cheap dodgy alcohol won’t be going back again disapppointed with holiday and we just wanted to go home.

Trip type: Travelled with family
12  Thank libbywooton
Lynda B, Front Office Manager at Marconfort Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Thanks for sending us your comments. Sorry to hear that you were disappointed with some of the facilities and services. Disappointed to read that you were unwell during your stay we hope you are fully recovered. Yes the hotel will be making vast improvements during this coming Winter with a major refurb.