Comfortable hotel well situated right opposite the beach. Very clean, in fact, prestine. A 30 minute brisk walk into Benalmadena, this hotel is pretty much in the centre of Torremolinos beaches.
Excellent breakfast choice including fresh fruits such as kiwi slices, orange segments and melon every day. Also a fruit bowl with apples, oranges and pears (we stayed in October so I assume you would also have nectarines etc in summer). Small selection of cold pastries with pain au chocolat and croissants. Breads were mini ‘British slices’ and small baguettes with a toaster available as well as a microwave. Hot breakfast buffet consisted daily of Spanish bacon (like streaky bacon), baked beans, scrambled egg, fried egg, boiled egg (always cold) and always something different like mini frankfurters or mushrooms. The cold buffet consisted of a selection of cold ham and salami as well as manchego and edam cheese. Jams, yoghurts, pineapple and peach fruit juices were available in bottles, as well as milk and water. There were a couple of cereals. The coffee machine was surprisingly good, with the café con leche button in mind. The orange juice was my only real gripe, in that it was not orange juice, more like a sweet watery orange drink.
A bargain as we asked for a bath tub in a non-sea view room, and were subsequently given a sea facing room on the highest, sixth floor. Good start. Lift good. I can imagine this is in high demand peak season. Bed comfortable. Very firm. Not particulary good pillows – too hard for my iiking but I am very fussy. Free flat screen tv with many channels, including BBC1, BBC2 and Channel 5, if that is what you want in Spain. Didn’t use either the safe or mini bar. Air con, I think, was free, but didn’t use it. My only two major gripes were that the bathroom smelled of sewage or really rotten eggs most days and the room was not sound proof at all. I followed an entire conversation one afternoon, coming from the room next door .
Not manned enough during the morning shift. The breakfast waitress is also the bar tender. Bless her, she looked so moody but when I smiled, she was lovely.
Perfect for a family house of 5. Really badly thought out for a hotel this size! The maximum capacity is 36, but I would not like to see it full. Very deep with no shallow area so parents beware. Water lovely, and a lovely swim has, even on October 25th! There are about 20 sunloungers in the really tiny garden, adjacent to the road. Don’t use this hotel if you want a quiet poolside area, as it just isn’t available. Also, at this time of year, the sun was gone in the garden by about 4pm or so. If you’re more fussy than I am, then you may not like tired sunloungers with a lot of damp at the leg area of many of them.
Left Luggage/shower for late flights:
Left luggage area small, but there is one. Just ask at reception. Rooms 3 & 4 are located on the ground floor, diagonally opposite reception, past the internet area (one computer). Had a lovely shower and change, courtesy of the hotel before leaving.
Car Hire Search:
Don’t use GoldCar at Malaga Airport. They quoted us 26 euros, then wanted 122 when we got to the desk, You don’t really need a car anyway, especially if you enjoy boulevard walks. Also, Torremolinos train station, at 1 euro 40 cents for a single trip, is only a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel and will take you straight to the aiport. Very good value. A taxi cost us 20 euros and took 10 minutes. The train is 11 minutes.
Any questions, just ask :).
P.S Would I stay here again? One night, yes...longer - no.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Isabel is located in front of the beach on the main promenade of Torremolinos. The Hotel stands out for being friendly and with the main objective of improving quality. Totally reformed it offers 70 bright, carefully decorated rooms. If you wish to spend some time relaxing we recommended sunbathing on the loungers around our swimming pool. At the Hotel Isabel we like to take care of the smallest details, and therefore we have available free WI-FI for clients who need an internet connection HOTEL ISABEL would like to inform you that we have obtained the Q of quality certificate from the institute of Spanish tourism quality (ICTE). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Isabel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Isabel Hotel Torremolinos
- Hotel Isabel Torremolinos, Costa Del Sol, Spain