17 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$122
Melia.comUS$122
Lol.travelUS$154
3,943 results
All reviews bowling green half board plenty of choice indoor pool plenty of sunbeds walk in shower across the road side sea view lovely hotel dining room don marco reception staff evening entertainment great holiday breakfast and dinner pork public areas
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2022 via mobile

Just back from 5 night stay. Hotel is fantastic, rooms are spotless and beds very very comfortable. Every room has a side view of the sea, our room also looked over the pool area and we were able to watch evening entertainment from our balcony. Breakfast was beautiful, everything was fresh. The pools were a great size and great to cool down in. I’m giving it 3/5 stars for a couple of different reasons. 1) there’s signs everywhere saying that you can’t reserve sunloungers at the pool which is fair enough, however people were out from 7am onwards reserving them and no one was stopping them, meaning the likes of us who never reserved because of the signage either never got a sunlounger come 9.30am or else could only find ones in very shaded areas, not the hotels fault obviously but think things need to be a bit more strict rather than sticking pegs with a note on come lunch time. 2) we ate dinner twice in the hotel, first night in the Don pablo and the 3rd night in the Don Pedro. Both nights were awful. Very very poor selection unless you want pizza or chips or fish. We were told before going that dinner was great and we were really let down. There’s even less to choose from in the Don Pedro as it’s smaller and the flies around the prawns totally put us off. For nearly €50 each time all we were able to get was potato’s and pizza and some fruit, not worth it I would go elsewhere in the town. 3) finally on our 5th day we had a siesta from 3-5pm as we always do and we were woken up to the maintenance man entering our room. We never heard a knock as we were asleep (if he did knock) and upon entering I told him to wait and he just let himself into the room. Personally I feel that if he did knock and no one answered then he shouldn’t have let himself into the room and reported to reception who could’ve contacted myself and let me know that repairs had to be done in our room, or waited until the next morning when we checked out.
All in all it was a good stay for 5 nights and would go back, but would not go for dinner and would have to be up even earlier for sun loungers.

Room tip: Wouldn’t recommend dinner. Be prepared for no sun loungers
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anna M
Ana Guerra Vazquez, Director General at Sol Torremolinos - Don Pablo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2022

Dear Anna,

We are sorry we did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your comments so we can take note and work to improve it.

Reviewed 5 June 2022 via mobile

Absolutely amazing hotel - perfect location, beautiful food, fantastic staff. Can’t wait to back. My little girl lost her iPod and the receptionist found it for her. Located right next to the beach and town. Plenty of pools to choose from and the night entertainment was great.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Kirby,

We are glad that we met your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 31 May 2022

First time coming to this hotel after hearing great reports from friends. It is part of a trio of hotels. It is very central and but for the first night, I would have rated it higher.

On arrival, around 1130pm, late given time of flights, the AC was set at 26.5C in room 1712. I went to reception where the man on duty said the temp was same in all rooms. I disagreed with him and he said someone would call to room in 5 minutes. After 30 mins, I returned to reception and the security guard came up to room with me. He did some fiddling with the AC unit, but there was no change and I accompanied him back to reception. At that stage, I asked to be moved to two other named hotels (I will not name them here) as having stayed there previously, I knew the AC worked correctly. It was only then, that the man at reception offered to transfer us to another room for the night. So we eventually got to bed around 145am.

On the following day, reception knew nothing of our problems and were confused as to why we were using two rooms! After another call to reception, we were told that the AC was fixed. To be fair, whatever they did, they set it at 5C and it was acceptable, but we had no control on the temp.

The fan in bathroom did not work either, but we did not make any complaint on this as it is a first world problem!

Otherwise, the choice of food at breakfast is fantastic. There are great offers on wines at dinner time. The choice and quality of entertainment is brilliant. There is aqua aerobics, poolbiking (spinning in the pool), spinning (in the gym), pliates, and stretching, all of which is free to guests.

The initial impression has caused a low mark here. The staff member need not have told me that standard room temps were 26/4C, when everyone knows it is not. We paid for safe in room, yet for first day had to bring cash, cards and passports poolside as we did not know where we would be relocated to. We had to ask if the AC was fixed and then move luggage back. For a hotel with such a great reputation, I would have thought that hotel would tell us all was in order and move back luggage. In one other hotel, where we had a disaster about 15 years ago, a gesture of a complementary lunch was made.

As the saying goes, first impressions last and my first impression of this hotel was a sad letdown.

Room tip: Avoid 1712, unless AC and extractor fan are functional!
1  Thank saravima

Dear Saravima,

We are sorry for the inconvenience you had upon your arrival. We work to improve what happened, and not disappoint you if you decide to come back.

Reviewed 31 May 2022 via mobile

This hotel is a nice modern option for a 4*. I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights with 18 other family members on a half board basis - note* I wouldn’t book this hotel as all inclusive.

Positives
The hotel is very big with multiple areas to lounge in the sun, a big buffet restaurant for breakfast and dinner as well as a pool bar which is open from around 10:00-16:30 everyday. There is also a rooftop bar where you can get drinks during and after evening entertainment until around 11pm - midnight.

Food selection is wide in variety. I am a pescatarian and there were many fish options daily, however a few members in my family were vegetarians and struggled to find food options that weren’t just pasta and chips for dinner - though the pool bar does offer a nice vegetarian burger. Breakfast was good, pancakes, omlettes, cereals etc.

Hotel is situated across the road from the beach and the strip with multiple shops and restaurants, around 15 minutes cab journey from the airport and 10 minutes cab journey from Aqualand (though I wouldn’t recommend the water park - half the rides were shut, the ‘wave pool’ was non existent and multiple members of my family left with injuries including two of them that fell out of a ride and hit their head). Fuengurola is about a 25 minute journey away and would highly recommend as a town to explore.

Negatives
Not really a negative but something to note. We had asked for a late checkout for one of the rooms as our flight wasn’t until 20:30 (checkout is 12pm). However despite the 10 rooms we had booked the hotel wasn’t able to extend one.

A few of my family members had issues with check-in. We had three rooms booked under one person (due to large family) and upon arrival had found out that they given one of the rooms away?Further, when my father went to check in they told him that the hotel was fully booked - despite the fact that we had booked this holiday nearly three years ago in 2019. Hours were spent trying to iron out these issues to which eventually were sorted but it wasn’t a great start to the holiday.

Despite those minor issues we had a good family holiday and are already thinking about returning for another trip in the future.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Shaesin,

On behalf of the Sol Torremolinos team, we apologize for the inconvenience caused and we take note of your comment to know what could have happened and that it does not happen again.

Thank you for choosing us. We are glad you had a wonderful family vacation.

Reviewed 30 May 2022

Pros
This is a beautiful hotel, has a bit of a wow factor throughout
Rooms are modern, clean & comfortable
Great facilities - you can use the facilities on all three sister hotels onsite. Various pools, restaurants, entertainment and a spa
Great selection of food, desserts especially were fab.
Housekeeping team were amazing and were the only staff who consistently greeted us.

Cons
This hotel is massive and was very busy during our stay. So staff seemed overwhelmed and overall we found the experience impersonal. We normally become familiar & friendly with staff (my husband can speak the language which makes this easy in Spain) but only housekeeping smiled and greeted us. At dinner, even though we saw the same lady every day, she merely demanded our room number and sent us on our way. We felt policed, not hosted by some of the staff.
Room didn't have a lot of sound proofing and on one occasion had drunk people shouting down the corridors at 1am.
The balconies are gapped underneath so we kept getting cigarette smoke coming into our room when other guests smoked on their balcony. Even if they were a few doors away.
On one occasion, my husband got pork in the restaurant but when he cut it, it was raw (happy to share photos but not on here). He tried to raise this with the lady I mentioned above but he couldn't get a word in, she made it clear she didn't want to talk!
The worst experience we had was when we tried to get tea in the lounge/ bar. A lady was inside and clearly saw us stood there waiting. She then went to the outside part of the bar and stayed there with the other bratender and left us there. We were literally calling her and she completely ignored us. The doors to outside were closed and I wasn't sure if they were fire exits so didn't want to open them to go outside. When she finally came back I asked her if anyone was serving and she was rude in her response, saying we should have gone outside. But we had just seen her serve someone inside.
All in all, this is a beautiful hotel and met all our needs. Just a few wrinkles that need ironing out. I personally would rather stay in a smaller hotel with a more personal touch.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ana Guerra Vazquez, Director General at Sol Torremolinos - Don Pablo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2022

Dear Leeann,

First of all, thank you for choosing us.

We are sorry that the attention received during your stay was not adequate, we apologize.

We work to make you feel at home, and we take note of these inconveniences to improve it.

Best Regards.