“Real Italian Food in Spain”
Review of Il Granchio Reale

Il Granchio Reale
Reserve with
Il Granchio Reale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #153 of 1,595 Restaurants in Marbella
Price range: US$23 - US$57
Reviewed 16 April 2016

This restaurant is run by a young Italian, Frederico, who really knows his stuff. We met him outside the restaurant earlier in the day and he told us all about the food he could prepare for a nice dinner. They have a few options for multi-course meals, but we went ala carte and were very hapy with our choices. I had a crab and prawn appetizer served on top of guacamole and topped with mango. It was fabulous. I chose the rack of lamb that was served with a lovely potato gratin and asparagus wrapped in bacon. Delicious though the lamb could have used a bit of salt. My husband had the coniglio (rabbit) that Frederico prepares as his grandmother taught him and he loved it.

A delicious cheesecake for dessert with cafe and sambuca and we were very satisfied. Give this place a try, it's a nice change from the typical tapas places all over southern Spain.

We went early and the service was very good. The single waiter also had to serve the outside tables set up on the corner, and they seemed to be doing a booming business in take out pizza as well.

Date of visit: April 2016

Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

Quite disappointing We had one 65 euro and one 55 so weren't expecting too much My partner said his steak was good but my sea bass was so overcooked it was like cardboard Thought it was very lacking in atmosphere too

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 1 January 2016

Went to this restaurant on our first night. Very welcoming and nice attentive waitress.
The food however left a lot to be desired.I had tasteless dry and crumbly crab cakes (which I ate as they were tasteless) 4 large prawns for my main - 2 tempura 2 in breadcrumbs. My husband had a selection of Italian meats for his starter and turbot for his main. Italian meats were alright but I felt sorry for him, when the fish came up it was very small and didn't smell good, he tasted it and said 'he couldn't it eat' I gave him my tempura prawns. The breadcrumbed prawns tasted oily. The waitress asked 'is everything ok' we said it wasn't and the chef came out and apologised profusely and offered to cook my husband some more fish. He declined, we paid the bill e70 and left. Really sorry about this review as they were such a nice couple.

Date of visit: December 2015
Granchio R, Propietario at Il Granchio Reale, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2016

Hello! I don't know who you are and when you come to eat to my restaurant..but really sorry we never serve smelling fish but only fresh and first quality fish! Team Il Granchio Reale

Reviewed 24 December 2015 via mobile

Shared a couple of plates all great. The crab risotto was outstanding, probably one of the best risottos I've had period. The fish was also perfectly cooked and garnished very well. See the pic...no pic of the risotto as we jumped in too fast.

Service was really nice and way above the average Spaniard service. Food came all fresh and in a timely manner.

Would recommend it for all travelers and locals.

Reviewed 7 December 2015

Visited based on trip advisor reviews. Sad to see the restaurant so quiet as the food quality was excellent in both taste and presentation. It was so good that we went back a further twice during our weeks stay. The service from Marilyn was very friendly and the restaurant is spotlessly clean. The crab cakes are excellent but the stand out dish is the wild boar lasagne - has to be the best lasagne we have ever tasted. Please try this restaurant - you will not be disappointed!