Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 15/05/21
FindHotel
Agoda.com
US$55
SAVE US$8
Hotels.comUS$63
Expedia.comUS$63
Lol.travel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 October 2019

We came upon El Gallo after wandering around the "nooks & cranny's" of the Old Town area of Marbella. The Old Town is full of restaurant's of all sorts from which to chose. We hate the "hookers" that approach you with offers of free drinks or special menus and what appealed to us about El Gallo is the quiet relaxed approach and presence of local Spanish people. Although they offer B&B we simply used the restaurant and what a super meal we had.
Stuffed Olives, fresh baked bread, home made chicken croquettes, two prime entrecote steaks with pepper sauce, and of course a generous portion of fries. Two beers and two baileys for 38€. Absolutely delicious food, friendly service, every local visitor spoke to us. Thoroughly recommended. No glitz just a family business where service and value are exemplary.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 19 September 2019 via mobile

Stayed in the lovely hostel for 6 nights and couldn’t ask for anything more, easy check in,rooms very clean and made up every day,location is very good,we were going to try the restaurant but just seem to run out of time, the old town is right on your door step with lots of bars and great restaurants our particular favourite was arco, best to book a table as it gets busy,when we return to Marbella we will definitely stay in the old town again and would have no hesitation staying in this hostel again,Thankyou hostel El Gallo

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2019

I just stayed 8 nights at Hostal El Gallo and had a hearty breakfast there seven mornings.
The word "Hostal" could mislead.
This is in fact a small hotel which I highly recommend for cleanliness, for essentials being supplied, for it's really convenient location and for good nights' sleep.
The room rate in April is very affordable as are the restaurant prices for good food.
Located in the upper part of the Old Town, the street is quiet at night and looks great.
This is the best value I ever found in Marbella where I have stayed about 12 times including twice before in the Old Town.
Within two/ three minutes walking from Hostal El Gallo I was in areas where locals live, shop and eat out.

Room tip: 1st floor; no lift. My room at the front had a very small balcony window
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 March 2019

Just stayed the one night when on a day out in Marbella, lovely place very clean and a great location in the old part of the town , the room comes with a fridge which is always handy , we had room six which had a balcony which you could sit outside with a glass of wine, good value for money.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2019

I live in Marbella so I have never stayed here but many of my friends and family have.
I eat often at the restaurant El Gallo, which is always excellent value for money, delicious food, wine, great service and very friendly.

Date of stay: December 2018