Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$44
TravelocityUS$44
TripadvisorUS$44
StayForLong
CheapTicketsUS$44
Orbitz.comUS$44
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

We booked based on good reviews and extremely flattering pictures. Upon booking we requested a double bedroom as we‘re a couple.

On the day of check in we travelled from Seville to Marbella which took upwards of 4-5 hours. So we finally arrived very tired and looking forward to comfort. On arrival we were met with a Filipino lady sitting on reception who barely spoke English. She looked at our reservation photocopied our passports and gave us our keys. There is no lift so we carried our luggage up the stairs and down a very long dark winding corridor to the end room.

We were very disappointed when we opened the door. Immediately we were struck with a strong smell of paint. We noticed we had been given 2 single separated beds instead of 1 double. The room looked nothing at all like the pictures on TripAdvisor or their website. Bearing in mind our long journey, we sat down briefly to rest and to discuss our plans.

The AC was placed directly above the beds. We turned it on and it blew out ice cold air, so we tried to make it warmer. However it appeared to get stuck on a cold temp. It would make you ill if you were to sleep with the air con above you blasting out such air.

In addition the actual AC was mouldy so the air would be polluted by this. The bathroom also seemed to have a mould issue. It looks like that are trying to cover the mould issue with paint.

There is one shelf in the room to put your belongings on but it is not fixed to the wall properly and hangs off at an angle. So anything we tried to put on this shelf simply slid off the front which was extremely annoying and also dangerous.

We were in the room for no more than 30 minutes when we decided to complain to reception.

When we approached reception a Filipino man was sitting on the sofa. We walked to the desk and he got up and walked behind it to speak to us. His English was better than the last lady. We explained our problems with the room mainly focusing on the fact we had asked for a double room not too singles.

He asked us which room we were in and went to look us up on his computer. That’s when we saw the photocopy of our passports had been left lying on the side at a before now unattended front desk! Great confidentiality..

He asked us when we had checked in, we responded with approx 30 mins ago. He said ‘sorry but you’ve had 30 minutes to tell us, now it’s too late to change!’
Yes we had taken 30 minutes but some of that time we spent walking to and from reception as they’d put us in the furthest room possible..Plus we had travelled hours to get here and been given an incorrect room which was their fault, as they hadn’t read our booking specifications!

Initially we accepted and went out into the town, but later on we decided to complain again. We approached the same man on reception and complained more in detail about the air con, the mould and the paint smell. He then told us without hesitating that our ‘solution’ is to pay for one night and then leave in the morning!

My partner and I were shocked. We wanted the issues to be resolved, we didn’t want the hassle of having to look for another hotel!

We asked again for another room explaining that we didn’t want to leave...
He then reluctantly gave us another room key and told us to switch rooms. This room had an extra bed in and he told us he would let us know the following day if we could keep the room or not.

We went to see the next room and it looked exactly the same as the last one except 2 single beds had been pushed together. There was still a very strong smell of paint in the bathroom in particular. But we accepted it. The air con worked at least.

We did end up spending the night searching on Booking.com and Airbnb trying to find another accommodation last minute in case they decided they didn’t have room for us tomorrow. We found a plan b. The next day when we approached reception a blonde spanish lady was working there, she may have been the owner or manager. She informed us that we could keep the second room and apologised for our trouble with the previous room.

The beds were fine and the aircon worked. However the flush on the toilet was broken. Long after you flush, the water continues to run into the toilet. You have to physically lift the lid of the tank to get the water to stop.

In addition, unfortunately our front door opened out onto a small patio which was shared with the room opposite’s double window which they kept open (with no curtains) for the duration of our stay. They were staying in the hotel with a baby which screamed and cried the whole time. Obviously the hotel cannot be blamed for this, but perhaps the double open window could have been closed at least to keep the noise down for other guests. We might as well have been in the same room as the baby. It just topped off an already negative experience.

Side note: if your bathroom smells of fresh paint - make sure to keep the door open when you take a hot shower otherwise you will breathe in the fumes. I felt very unwell at one stage after doing this.

All in all, I would not recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2018
2  Thank RosieE116
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

My first time in a so called hostel, I was pleasantly surprised, getting out of the airport was easy but the parking in Marbella has to be figured out way before you arrive as most hostal are in old Marbella.

The room was clean but basic, the noise and the lack of curtains was a big problem for me, the hot water was a problem in the mornings, and the constant noise of the 1950’s AC during the night gave me a cold that lasted for the whole of my trip.

All in all I would go back but take ear plugs, curtain black out and organize a parking space as it cost me more than 200Euro for the 2 weeks.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Stayed here in June end for a night, Very basic, very ok beds not so comfy, gave a fan in the room which was not very sufficient, fantastic location, right in the heart of the action, rooms balcony was beside the corridor so could hear people passby every time.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2017

I will agree with a lot of these reviews that the locations is great. You are right in the center of the Old Town of Marbella, but that is pretty much the only great thing about this place.

First off you cannot drive up to the hostel, you have to stop about 100 meter away and walk, the down side is there is no parking 100m away in any directions. Closer to 200 or 300 meters away. Good luck if you are travelling alone and have a lot with you.

Second, warning to families that travel with small kids as we do. There is not a lift in this hotel. The hallways are narrow and winding. If you have a little one then you have to carry them to the room. They do offer storage for your buggy and excess baggage if you have it. Be warned the room is not locked. Also, if you need a baby bed then be sure to request it when you make the reservation or else you are not likely to get one. We travel with our 15 month old son and require a baby bed. They do list that they have one available, and they did tell us they have one, but what they do not tell you is if you do not request it prior to check in you might not get one. We arrived late in the evening, and since the desk is 24/7 we believed getting the bed would not be an issue. Unfortunately there are two people that can get the bed, and both were not working when we asked.

Third, the room is super basic and not all that impressive. The one thing I have learned about hostels in Spain is, even though they are 1 and 2 star places designed to be cheap, they go out of their way to give you a relaxing place to sleep. The wifi is free, we did not use it so I am not sure how strong it is. They places us with a window to the inside of the hostel next to the steps. We could hear anyone coming and going. I will say the room was very clean, but the towels could use some bleach as they appeared to be stained.

Fourth, the customer service is good but missing some common sense. I showed up with our son, his buggy, our small suitcase and a back pack. I checked us in while my better half found us a parking spot. The attendant at the desk looked at me, all my stuff and then proceeded to give me a room that was so far away it took me quite a bit of time to walk to it. Once I realized how far away it was, and the fact that we were only staying one night, and I just dragged all the stuff with me, I was not wanting to make the journey a second time.

Last but not least. If you are single or a couple. Want to stay in the center of the Old Town. Not spend a lot of money and are only there for a night or two then I think this place is great. As I am someone who travels with my family and a small child, I will look elsewhere the next time we are down there. There are lots of great affordable places to stay in the area.

Room tip: Avoid the street side rooms, there are cafes and bars open very late right out in front.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Scott M
Reviewed 30 June 2017

The location of this Hostal is perfect - in the old town but 7 mins walk to the seafront.
The first room we were shown was stinking of cigarette smoke so they offered us another one no problem. The room was clean and basic, staff friendly. Would recommend it...

Room tip: Ask for a quiet room away from street noise
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple