“Overrated for its price ”
Review of Paco Jimenez

Paco Jimenez
Ranked #14 of 1,558 Restaurants in Marbella
Price range: US$20 - US$43
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: As soon as you enter this restaurant you can fell the passion and creativity in the paintings on the walls and the plates delicatelly and beautifully decorated. Its Mediterranean, Spanish and International food will surprise and satisfy you. The exclusive space with only 20 covers, kindly attention, experienced chef and the nice environment makes this a unique restaurant.
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

We have quite an experience in Mediterranean food and have tried different types of fish in our life. At our dinner we were served not fresh and smelly turbot. Instead of apologies stuff started making excuses and saying that possibly we didn’t like the sauce or the style of cooking. However, it clearly tasted bad and out of date. We were fairly upset because the dinner was pricey and totally not worth it.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

I came back again following my visit last year. I booked the balcony again - and although inside is nice - it's a must. The service and the food and wonderful. Both my wife and I agree this probably the best dining experience I've had - overlooking the Orange square. Can't recommend enough.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Visited on Wednesday 4th April. What a wonderful resteraunt! Unsure where to go for dinner we looked on trip advisor whilst ralaxig in the sun. Based on reviews we decided we wanted to book. We managed to get through on the phone and reserve a table to our surprise. WHAT a wonderful meal! The langoustines to start were incredible and service was faultless. I was feeling unwell due to sunstroke so we had to cut our night short and staff were so lovely! The next day when we returned to orange square the waitress caught our eye from the balcony and seemed to ask if I was ok wish was so lovely. Wonderful they remember us after one short visit! Will definitely visiting again!

1  Thank Whyte200794
Reviewed 27 March 2018

We had been to Paco Jimenez two years ago and since then we have eaten in some of the best restaurants on the Costa del Sol. This restaurant seating only 22 guests was the best we had eaten in then and now.... I would say it is still the best restaurant we have eaten in on the coast.

It only opens in the evening and booking well in advance is necessary. During the summer months they can be fully booked weeks in advance. So you will need to book to get in should think of calling even before you arrive in Marbella to get a table. This place is worth the effort.

Located in the top corner of Orange Square above an art gallery it is not in your face like most Orange Sq places. The stairs leading up to what must have been a private house are steep and not suitable at all for anyone in a wheelchair or who has difficulty with steep steps.

Once you get up there the restaurant is located on the left with 22 seats plus 2 out side pairs on the small terrace overlooking the square. This was closed on this visit as it was too cold outside.

The reception was very welcoming and our table next to the dying embers of the fire was perfect. Tables are the right size to be comfortable and far enough away from those next to you that you do not feel they are part of your conversation.

We started with a main course to share as a starter being the mini cannelloni in squid ink (see pic), which was served with a small vol-au-vent of cods roe, a large grilled squid ring filled with fresh prawns, a fusion of salmon and monkfish garnished with a piping of potatoes and crisps. The black squid ink sauce set this all off to perfection. Fantastic presentation and taste.. what a start!

A large grilled dover sole meuniere from today's specials, asked to be served off the bone, cooked to melt in your mouth but not drenched in garlic butter was heaven. The veal fillet steak rossini served with fresh truffle and foie gras was cooked to a perfect medium rare and delicately dressed with rossini red wine reduction.

A selection of fresh vegetable including white turnip and braised sprouts along with sliced grilled potatoes came with it. We had extra veggies as they were very good indeed.

Their take on Apple pie/crumble and ice cream plus one of the best presented and perfectly ripe fruit salads we both have ever seen finished us off. (see pic)

4 Glasses of wine, a couple of beers and still water drunk throughout the 3 hour feast all served with great ease by the owners/family/staff. Could not fault the attention at all.

Whoever is in the kitchen really knows what they are doing, just effortless perfection.

Costs - same as lst time about €75 / head all in not including the tip.

If you can afford the price and can get in and you are into really fine dining then Pac Jimenez is somewhere you have to try... we will definitely be back again and probably again...

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We visited Paco Jimenez last year in June (thought I'd already left my review but I must not have submitted it!!!). I arranged some special bits with Nancy prior to going as I wanted to propose to my fiancé to be! Nancy was extremely helpful, understanding and accommodating.

From the moment we arrived, they made us feel so special. Nothing was too much trouble. The food was incredible. We ate at numerous restaurants during our stay and Paco Jimenez was easily the best, by a country mile!!

From the decor to the food, there was not one thing we could fault. The whole family are incredibly kind and a true pleasure to meet.

I cannot recommend this restaurant enough. Can't wait to go back!