Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 September 2020

This hotel does not have air conditioning in their rooms! There are many other reviews on here and other platforms that voice this concern as well. AVOID THIS HOTEL!

We stayed four uncomfortable nights in peak August summer. They moved us to another room, but the "air conditioning" was still the same in the new room - non existent.

The first night, an employee came up to our room and said that it was warm and the air conditioning was not functioning properly. The employee called the engineer at 1am to wake him up to check the system. The engineer came to our room the next morning and confirmed our suspicion. He opened the ceiling to inspect the unit, and when asked what the issue was, he said it was only on fan setting and not on cool. We left for the day, and came back to find the room still not properly cooled. We spoke with someone, but then had to wait another night to finally speak with the manager.

We finally got a fan in our room for the third night after speaking to the manager, and requesting it multiple times. But now, we're staying at 5 star resort, paying 5 star prices with a fan in our room. This is a basic request that if provided the first day could have helped easily remedy an issue your guests were having. But the staff didn't take our concern seriously and were rude in the process. They comped our dinner for the first night, but I much rather would have paid for dinner, and have slept comfortable for four nights - more should have been done.

They have an issue with the air conditioning in the rooms at this hotel. It's a fan only - it's not proper air conditioning.

Honestly, it's the last thing I wanted to be doing during our vacation. We specifically chose this hotel because we knew it was going to be hot in Marbella in August and wanted a 5 star Bonvoy experience that we knew would have good air conditioning. However, the experience turned out to be the exact opposite.

Moreover, my nationality was disrespected and insulted multiple times by the manager and other staff, and I wasted multiple hours every day during my vacation discussing this.

I’ve stayed at multiple other 5 star Bonvoy Hotels, and this hotel is not 5 star.

Date of stay: August 2020
Alexander Peev, General Manager at The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa, Benahavis, Marbella, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2020

Dear Tourist710014,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. We take all reviews seriously and regret we couldn’t meet your expectations as we do with the other reviewers. I can only apologize that we could not have done more for you during your time with us but I would greatly appreciate if you contact me directly in your next visit so we can show you our commitment to improve constantly.

Kind regards
Alexander Peev

Reviewed 11 July 2020 via mobile

Great hotel from top to bottom.

Has everything you need onsite so you can stay self contained.

Breakfast was the highlight for me with Sayora providing super friendly , exceptional service. The chef also contributed with well prepared and nicely presented meals.

Loved the pool, the views, the layout.

2 small areas of improvement:

The aircon didnt go cool enough,
The refrigerator in my room was far to small and didnt cool properly.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2020

We have stayed during the last Summer holidays in this hotel that was suggested by friends in Marbella. Usually, The Westin hotels and resorts are an excellent brand that we use very often on our trips and weekends in Southeast Asia and the far Esat where we live. Unfortunately, one cannot compare nowadays the Asian hotels of the very same brand with this one in La Quinta Golf Resort. First nightmare: it is challenging to find the hotel even using the most updated GPS. After literally hours up and down, we finally discovered the hotel. Another annoying surprise: despite large for a family with two kids, the room offered us minimal amenities. The room was clean, convenient, but as limited as the difficulties of using the hotel wifi.
In contrast, the hotel gardens, swimming pool, and view are magnific. On the contrary, the restaurants and bars in the hotel were almost mediocre: average food, a shortlist of wines and beers. Finally, the staff acts depending on their daily humor: some were pleasant and helpful; others simply ignore you and are helpless. In consequence, I strongly recommend professional training and care for the customers, namely when they are young children. Conclusion: On our next visit to our friends in Marbella we will undoubtedly choose a different hotel.

Room tip: Rooms facing the swimming pool and mountains
Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank ivocarneiro
apeev, General Manager at The Westin La Quinta Golf Resort & Spa, Benahavis, Marbella, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2020

Dear ivocarneiro,

First of all I would like to thank you for the time spent to share your experience. We take all reviews seriously and I regret we didn't meet all your expectations as we do with other reviewers. I understand your disappointment and have shared your feedback with the team for further analysis in order to avoid possible defects in the future.

Hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back and show you our commitment to improve constantly.

Kind regards
Alexander

Reviewed 27 November 2019

We booked a short getaway here for my husband's birthday. The hotel and the grounds are lovely. I cannot say enough about the staff at the front desk, they were fantastic. If you are looking for a golf holiday this is a great destination, with three different golf courses. The only minus was our bathroom, it was a bit dated and a few cleaning slips on the bathtub and sinks. Otherwise it was great.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 16 November 2019 via mobile

We stayed there for a week as a base to visit Andalusia. The hotel is the middle of the “golf valley”, so you really need a car and it is not so easy to find in the beginning. The good thing is that around is incredible quite and you can really rest at night while in 20 minutes it is possible to reach Marbella by car. There is almost nothing around apart golf clubs and the restaurant is really nothing special and quite overpriced. Room are nice even if not super modern and people working there really do their best to make your stay pleasant. Breakfast was a bit of a disappointment, a bit small and always the same each day, not worth it. Bathrooms would need a renovation, and sometimes the elevator was not working well and the ice machine on our floor has been broken for the entire week. So in general we enjoyed as we wanted somewhere quite as a base for exploration of the region, but we also got a good price being off season. Not sure I would go back if the price was much higher.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple