2,144 results
All reviews junior suite a la carte restaurants dressing area sea view half board indoor pool lovely hotel thalasso spa the general manager buffet restaurant lobby bar all inclusive package taxi ride kids club big balcony separate shower welcome drink
Reviewed 8 January 2018

Booked package holiday beginning October with Easy-jet for New Year break at Hotel Elba..., deluxe sea-view twin room (travelling with cousin), mainly as it was a 5 star spa hotel with New Year gala dinner and entertainment, all that was needed for that time of year. Had to book into airport hotel previous night due to 11am departure as live 3 hours away. When due to go to gate delays started to show and finally departed 6 hours later, therefore losing a day by time we reached hotel, just in time for bar snack last order.

A porter took us and luggage to room, where we found a double bed despite having requested a twin at time of booking and had e-mailed hotel re this. A pull down bed was brought for night and we had room service while waiting. During this time I sat at table and removed jewellery (fingers swell after flying). It was approximately 1am by then and I just wanted to get to bed. Come morning there was no sign of of 2 rings and earings. We went to breakfast and I searched again after, assuming it had got knocked over when things were moved about the previous night. We then had to move room to get a twin. I reported to reception and a member of staff came with me to look again. Housekeeping were informed and I checked during stay as was certain it would be found in room, but to no avail.

Our next room was at ground level surrounded by grass, hedges and footpath (not much privacy), which might explain my insect bites. The walls were marked and skirtings scraped. Some plugs didn't work and bedroom ones were at ground level. Room generally needed a revamp. Wardrobe and vanity unit were off the bedroom with opaque glass doors leading into wc, shower and bath, again not much privacy and not the deluxe seaview requested and paid for. The soundproofing wasn't great inside or out. We had a long walk to the dining room requiring 2 lifts.

When we enquired at reception re gala NY dinner, we were told it had been fully booked for 3 weeks beforehand. We had never been made aware of booking this prior to arrival.

Hotel Elba... is a large modern hotel about an hour from Malaga and half an hour from Estepona for which you require to get a taxi costing 8 euro each way. It is just off a busy motorway. The only restaurant we found open was across a bridge on other side. There is also an Aldi and a Burger King, the rest of the area looks residential.
Breakfast is the same variety as found in any big hotel. We didn't have dinner due to previous circumstances. Birds flew in and out of eating areas picking at food and in the bar area I watched as they pulled out paper napkin in middle of covered dish, then dipping in and pecking at sandwiches. The napkin was replaced several times by waiter but sandwiches left to be eaten by unsuspecting guests. We paid as we went along due to having read reviews about inaccurate bills. I did have a massage to try and relax but didn't try any other facilities as intended, the first night having an ongoing effect.

We went to Estepona one day but unfortunately it was cold and wet and a trip to Gibraltar another, which was lovely.

We were very lucky to get a table at the nearby restaurant for New Years Eve where the staff were very welcoming and the food good, but was quite different from the expected hotel evening.

I was very glad to get home after a rather try to forget NY. I hesitated in writing this review but feel the need to raise awareness.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank ScottishGuest043
Elba Estepona E, Director General at Gran Hotel Elba Estepona & Thalasso Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear guest,

You have already published a comment
I’m truly sorry to learn that we didn’t meet your expectations, what’s more, we fell far away from them. That’s certainly not the direction in which we wish to go . Our Team is looking into the issues you mentioned and we believe in providing better experiences for our future guests.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

We spent our wedding anniversary twice in this hotel. We received an upgrade the second time. Nice spacious room with sea view. Good breakfast and friendly staff. Nice ce pool area. We did not try the restaurants since we dined at close by Kabuki Raw.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristof M
Elba Estepona E, Director General at Gran Hotel Elba Estepona & Thalasso Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Dear Kristof M,

thank you very much for selecting our Elba Estepona Gran Hotel & Thalasso Spa ***** as your resort of preference on Andalucía.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you took the time to write a positive review about our hotel.
Since we firmly believe that every single detail is part of the holiday experience all our team works hard in order to deliver a tailormade service.

Thank you once again for your indeptht review and for recommending us to other travellers.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Two night break for my birthday with my husband and son. Made Very welcome at reception with welcome glass of fizz. We were then shown to our room which was lovely and big we had been upgraded I think as was massive and a lovely big balcony to take in the great view and location. A couple of drinks in the bar followed by dinner which was part of the half board booked. After dinner entertainment in the lobby bar was good.

Drove to estopona the next day after a decent buffet breakfast and when we returned to our there was a bottle of fizz, chocolate and sweets a very nice touch which was very much appricated. Went for a swim in the indoor pool which was warm and relaxing.

Second night dinner was buffet and great as could get your own piece of meat cooked.

All in all a very nice place friendly staff who went the extra mile to make it a great birthday weekend.

We will return in the summer.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Louise M
Elba Estepona E, Director General at Gran Hotel Elba Estepona & Thalasso Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear Louise M,

We want first to thank wholeheartedly for choosing our hotel for such a wonderful occasion as your anniversary , a source of joy and celebration
Knowing how special these holidays were for you, we did everything possible to contribute into creating happy memories that last for a lifetime.

We are also thrilled to see that you enjoyed our complimentary services and facilities .

Finally we like to thank you once again for this valuable feedback . We hope you have the chance to eventually return and experience our great hospitality again.

regards from Estepona ,

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Lovely hotel, upon arrival explained where everything was, room
Was immaculate bathroom large, powerful shower, direct sea views so close you can hear the waves. Room tastefully done.
Room service efficient and tasty. Breakfast buffet Egg station,
And a wide selection of everything else. Only little niggle I do like fresh coffee with fresh milk, and it was machine only and although the beans were freshly grounded, the milk was uht or long life. I know it saves on waiters but would make a big difference.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank beverleyl643

Dear beverleyl643,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a wonderful review on Tripadvisor and for recommending us to other travelers. According to our hotel pilosphy we strive to deliver an unbeatable hospitality combined with a tailormade luxury service that will result in sublime indulgence for our guests. We are happy that we managed to achieve our goal as your comments are proof of yet another delightful holiday experience. We are looking forward to welcome you and your family back anytime, if we can be of any assistance with your next booking please do not hesistate to contact us directly.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 16 November 2017

We stayed at this hotel last year in a Junior suite, and had a huge outside space with sun loungers, chairs and table and great views. Expecting the same, I booked another junior suite, and checked in. Although the interior of the room was the same, the outside space was tiny, with no loungers and an obstructed view - it was also a mile away from the lifts and reception!
I went down to the reception to express my disappointment - the room wasn't cheap - and was assisted by a very helpful young chap whose name I noted down, but annoyingly, I have lost the piece of paper. I would have liked to have named him as he deserved to be drawn to the attention of the management as an excellent ambassador for the hotel!! He arranged for me to be transferred to a different room on the top floor of the hotel the next day, and my luggage was transferred across as well. It was a great room - 602, and allowed us to get out and enjoy the sun. The hotel was very nice, and breakfast was perfectly adequate - more continental buffet that full British breakfast, and better for it!
It also had the comfiest bed I have slept in at an hotel, with regular sheet changes.
I will certainly be back, and will be requesting the same room as I had. Thanks again to the reception staff!!

Room Tip: If looking for a junior suite, anything on the 6th floor
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robert S

Dear Robert S,

Thank you for having chosen our resort for your holiday and for your valuable time spent on this online review. I’m pleased to learn that you have enjoyed the hotel facilities and service offer and we would be definitely happy to welcome you back in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us prior to your reservation, so that we can assist you with whatever inquiry or wish you may have.

Best regards,