“Great Italian!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Visited recently without a booking as we felt it would not be necessary as there never appeared to be many cars outside. We were really fortunate as the place filled up very quickly so to be safe book in advance. Delicious Italian fare with great beef carpaccio, big juicy prawns to start followed by beautiful seafood linguine and chicken in spicy tomato sauce. Service was very efficient with the owner Mario always buzzing around. Will definitely return

Reviewed 24 August 2017

We were recommended by our friends who are regular visitors to this restaurant. Not the easiest to find but Google it 1st and no problem. From the roadside we were a little concerned as didn't look much however once inside we were very pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is large and spacious with plenty of tables inside and outside. We had a reservation for 15 (6 adults and 9 kids). The owner greeted us warmly and the staff couldn't have been more helpful if they tried. The food was excellent and as someone who loves Italian food I can honestly say it was the best calves liver I have eaten. We had a lovely evening and will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Walked in and asked for a table did not book, but imagine by the time that we had left that if we had gone any later we would have been turned away so book if possible as they did get busy ! There was a reason for this .... GREAT pizza, pasta and everything else ! Salad was Delicious for a salad . All topped off with wonderful friendly service !

1  Thank Naids83
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Going here for the amazing pizzas for a long time, but I guess in summer rules are different then in winter.

We get their as a couple. few tables free so we sit at one. waitress comes after long time saying we have to leave because there are 6 people waiting for a table, those people got there after us but they threw us out because a table of 6 makes more money then a table of 2. That is how you lose regular clients...

2  Thank Nicpijpers
DaMarioEstepona, Propietario at Da Mario, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

This opinion is false and miserable. False because we have never thrown out customers (as long as their behaviour is decent). Miserable because whatever reason is behind it, is only intended to damage the restaurant and is completely gratuitous. Regulars at Da Mario are treated with the utmost respect and care, and so are occasional visitors. I do not know if you have ever really visited us, but I have serious doubts. Stay well.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Our evening started well with a good welcome. The restaurant was quiet but not empty. With our starters, the owner brought us a tomato garlic pizza to share foc which was lovely.

For main, I wanted a calzone with mushrooms instead of ham and pepperoni and they were happy to make this - it was yummy.

All the portions were large and the food was delicious.

The service was efficient but the waiter for our table became overly attentive and kept staring at my 15 year old daughter (she looks older). It actually became unnerving and we had to make it clear that she is only 15 which spoiled the evening.

DaMarioEstepona, Propietario at Da Mario, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear guest,
thanks for your good words about the welcoming and the food.
With respect to the waiter: I can assure you, there must have been a misunderstanding.
I am a father of a 15 years old girl myself, and I understand how we all feel if anything at all can be of a bother to our kids and may threatens our perception of their wellbeing.
I spoke to the waiter (he is a father of a two years old girl) and he assured me he was just trying to be nice to your table. Please consider the possibility of an overattentive service with no malice involved. If at any time you decide to come back, I will make my apologies in person and be glad to invite you to a glass of wine and a pizza garlic bread that you enjoyed so much. If you do, please make yourself known as I am getting old and not always recognise the faces. All the best