“Amazing Cuban food”

El Morro de la Habana
Ranked #204 of 555 Restaurants in Estepona
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

We had never been to a Cuban restaurant before so walked in with some reservations and so glad we didn't go for our normal safe Italian option.
Not only is the environment good , with great attention to detail , and the service very friendly and prompt but the food! We opted to share the Havana delight starter and so glad we did - there's a whole meal in there, with a collection of fabulous new tastes to try- how about bacon wrapped Banana, pulled pork in a salsa ,cassava ( delicious) etc

We then had the pulled beef with black bean rice - amazing combination and plenty of tender beef which just fell apart.

My brother described it as the best meal he's had, and he's been eating for a few years!

We'll be back and if you are thinking of trying it do yourself a big favour and give it a go - brilliant

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 10 March 2017

I have no idea what cuban food is supposed to taste like. With that said, I quite liked some of the food here. The entertainment was great and the staff was super friendly. Will be back

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 24 February 2017

This restaurant has been beautifully put together, fantastic stainless steel palm tree in the centre, elegant chairs and tables , lovely decor , set the scene for a great evening. Waiting staff were friendly but efficient. We started with fish soup and seafood cerviche served on pineapple. Both were beautifully presented and delicious. We followed with the beefsteak which my husband said was very good and the Prawns in onion and pepper sauce which I will order next time I visit this lovely restaurant. The bread pudding was not quite what we expected but was nonetheless delicious. The entertainment was absolutely exceptional setting the scene in real Cuban style. I wish this restaurant well as there has been considerable investment involved and the staff made it a very memorable evening.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 20 February 2017

Visited this place a couple of months after it opened.A cuban band play some evenings and add to the athmosphere.The interior fit-out is beautiful.I wish other owners would finish their toilet areas like this place.
However the food does not quite match up.For example 'meat in sauce' might work on a menu in Cuba, it is simply not good enough here.My wife had dorada fish which was excellent.
Service was good.Wine was €3.30 per glass and very drinkable.
I hope this place works because of the financial commitment which is evident but they need to improve the menu and meat dishes in particular.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 31 December 2016

From the front entrance to the slick bathrooms, this place oozes class. The musicians are first class and create a party atmosphere.
My research said that we should expect a blend of Spanish and Caribbean spiced food. Never happened.
I have never been to Cuba so I'm not sure whether the food is accurately authentic or just poorly prepared - either way it doesn't match the quality of the decor.
Our group of eight were all disappointed with tepid food served on cold plates, there is no excuse for that.
The food is bland and way over-salted to compensate. The texture borders on 'sloppy' and the bits of pork and slivers of chicken resembled left overs.
The menu needs expanding to broaden the appeal, Cajun perhaps?
I wonder what Cubans eat when away from home?

Date of visit: November 2016