“Attitude problem... apparently the customer isn’t right, even when they are!”
Review of Pairi Daeza

Pairi Daeza
Reserve with
Pairi Daeza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 1,087 Restaurants in Cordoba
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We ‘dined’ there 5 April. We chose the restaurant based on the largely very positive feedback on trip advisor, we were hoping for a lovely evening.

The location on the roof does without question have an incredible view.

There was a flamenco guitarist playing in the foyer of the hotel and he did make an appearance on the small roof terrace during the evening.

Which all does make for a nice ambiance and atmosphere.

Those are the good bits.... now for the meat of our feedback on our experience.

I preface this feedback by saying that both myself and my wife travel most weeks with work, and we do understand establishments can have off days and sometimes food isn’t up to standard... we accept that and in almost all cases we let it go... usually based on how the staff deal with the situation....but not in this case, read on.......

We had one experienced waiter and one in training.

In summary... starters, chicken with honey mustard salad and melon with Iberian ham were well presented and tasted fine, we ate them.

Main courses -both dry and very over cooked. Lamb tikka masala, and steak ordered as medium- arrived very very well done. I ate mine out of sheer hunger, my wife ate about 1/3 of her steak... and stopped... feedback was provided to the waiter.

Dessert - a very raw uncooked and cold mango crem brûlée and a bland panna cotta( called mojito 2 ways). Neither were eaten.... feedback was provided to the waiter.

The bill arrived with everything on it.. despite having provided feedback to 2 waiters regarding the mango brûlée and the steak main course.

The bill had to be paid on the ground floor of the hotel....where we were met by the desk clerk from Gibraltar with the most interesting attitude to customer feedback we have ever experienced. When we questioned the bill and the inclusion of the steak and just one of the desserts...To quote;

‘Why didn’t you send it back’ - eh...we did!

‘ why didn’t you order another one’- Emm, in most establishments when the food isn’t eaten the waiting staff ask was everything ok or offer an alternative...and the client/ customer doesn’t have to accept!

‘The chef won’t be able to resell the meat’- hmm.. a most interesting perspective, unique in fact in my experience, and perhaps indicative of a more concerning attitude as to what happens in the establishment to produce.

When we offered to speak to the chef we were told he doesn’t speak English... when we said my wife is almost fluent in Spanish... he was suddenly gone home.

At one point I said to Mr. Gibraltar ...” are we really having this conversation ?”

To which he replied “we are”

I could write paragraphs about his accusatory tone....it was like we were at fault....

In summary, it was a most strange attitude towards customers...at this stage I was getting angry and eventually had to insist we were not paying for the 2 items..... While this was going on we had 3 members of staff around us...

Well done Mr Gibraltar you certainly left an impression...and all for approx €25 of food on a bill of circa €150.

If this was my establishment and I employed you, today you would be looking for a new job.... or you would washing dishes....you are not front of house material!

Though perhaps I do you a disservice and this is how you were trained by the owners of the establishment to delight your customers......

Lasting and most memorable impression made my son!!...

2  Thank Tom O

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We stumbled upon Pairi Daeza by chance and enjoyed a lovely foursome at lunch in the patio amidst the orange blossoms. We had no knowledge of the rooftop option! The reception desk was very concerned about our lack of reservation until we said we were happy to eat in the (empty) patio. Now, of course, we get it.

That said, we enjoyed a lovely meal — the hummus was velvety, the small tagine of chicken and cous cous was delicious. A lamb tikka masala was fragrant and subtle rather than picante. The beef carpaccio with three cheeses and truffle was a delight of tastes, textures and scents. Desserts were opulent and large — easy to share — whereas the main dishes are smaller, definitely not for splitting.

Service was friendly and efficient, and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. So sorry we didn’t know about the view! Would certainly go back.

2  Thank Giulia C
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Outstanding and fine cuisine in Cordova. Do not miss if you like hummus and I had some serranos a kind of shrimp, delicious! In fact I am planning to have dinner again today.!

1  Thank Pilar18_11
Reviewed 28 February 2018

I chose this restaurant for my 30th birthday. It is small but absolutely beautiful and charming inside, in an Andalucian courtyard with orange trees and ceramic bowls of oranges. It must smell amazing in the spring and I will definitely be returning here to make the most of the weather for the terrace!
Service was absolute top notch, with gorgeous wine and food. The mango salad was beautiful. Afterwards, the waiter took us upstairs to the terrace so we could see the mesquite lit up while eating dessert. It was January and a cold night but he put on a heater and gave us blankets which was a lovely touch. I will be back here soon!!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Reading the reviews I thought I will be impossible to find a table, tried to book online with the fork, did not show any availability and called it in the end. We booked a table and when we went there the place was deserted. Only one table on the roof top, but was too cold to stay. The place is quite small and the kitchen looked small and unimpressive. We thought we got into a tourist trap but decided to stay. The food was actually quite good, not impressive but good. Tried the jamon iberico with ice cream, shrimps teriyaki and the ox tail. All of them very good. Also ordered a glass of red wine, I had only one choice and it was quite bad, extremely watered down taste. I think if it was warmer and more crowded for a nice atmosphere the experience would have been even better.

Date of visit: December 2017