“Comfortable and cozy stay in the centre of Cordoba”

Hotel La Llave de la Juderia
Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Cordoba
Reviewed 21 January 2018

We spent 2 nights in this classic hotel right in the centre of Cordoba, just a few minutes walking away from the famous cathedral. The hotel is easy to reach by foot, but I would not recommend driving to it. Instead, it is much easier to park in the underground parking garage just outside the historical centre and walk from there to the hotel (about 5 minutes).

We were lucky to get an upgrade to a very nice, spacious, rooms, which was very well appointed and nicely decorated in a classic, luxurious, style. The room and bathroom were both spacious, clean and quiet.

Staff were very friendly and helpful, and made us feel very welcome. Breakfast was ok with a reasonable selection of breakfast items and drinks, although the breakfast room itself is a bit small.

We would certainly consider staying here again when next in Cordoba.

Stayed: December 2017

Reviewed 15 December 2017

There are many wonderful things about this hotel. But one thing that really sets this hotel apart is the hospitality and royal treatment given to its guests. Everyone went above and beyond to make our stay in Cordoba special. When we arrived, we were treated to a complimentary glass of sherry in the patio garden. Our room on the 2nd floor was spacious and beautifully decorated with antiques. The room also had a terrace which provided a great spot to unwind with a gin and tonic after a day of sightseeing. Drinks can be ordered on request and the gin and tonic is especially good! The staff offered good recommendations on where to eat and what to see and they assisted with reservations and tickets. We especially appreciated the help arranging our early check out. We had breakfast prepared for us at 6 AM, before the usual breakfast hour, and our host arranged our cab and helped carry our bags outside the city walls to the taxi stop. The hotel is perfectly located within the Jewish Quarter but only a few minutes’ walk to the Mezquita-Catedral. For our three-day stay, this hotel was perfect!

Room Tip: Our room on the 2nd floor had its own terrace.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2017

From the moment I checked in to this intimate hotel I was made to feel completely at home. The fellow at the desk greeted me like a friend, showed me and booked for me, the perfect tour of Mezquita, and offered me a seat in a small but beautiful common area with a glass of fortified wine - not Sherry, but a local variation every bit as good - while he attended to the minutiae of the check-in.

The room itself was filled with character, a comfy bed with a colorful spread, and another burst of color in the tiles of the bathroom. And from my window a view down one of the marrow streets in the Juderia, with a glimpse of the former minaret, now bell tower at the mosque/cathedral. When one leaves the hotel and steps out for an exploratory stroll one immediately realized another major plus for the visitor. It is centrally placed in the old city, and as its title indicates, seems to hold a "key" to it.

My only reasons not to give the place five TripAdvisor circles instead of four were two: the wifi was very spotty, and as I write a travel blog I need it to be better than it was. Truth to tell, of the nine hotels I stayed at in Andalusia only two had really good wifi, but it's important to me.

And the breakfast, while it had the wonderful benefit of delicious fluffy scrambled eggs not in a heated, covered pan, but made to order - wonderful! Was otherwise I thought a bit skimpy.

Neither of these are dealbreakers, but I want to make people aware of them. I would certainly book here again, in fact I wish I'd booked for three nights than two, as I didn't give myself quite enough time to really enjoy the city. I think you'll enjoy it too.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 November 2017

I have written many TA reviews...TRUST ME on this one...
Perfect! Gorgeous! Immaculate! Amazing location! Staff as friendly as family! Lovely breakfast patio with very pleasant Spanish breakfast with many choices including Iberian ham and cook to order eggs! Huge room with stunning decor! SO authentically Spanish! Exceptional staff Alberto and Macarena! Welcome glass of wine! Nearby underground parking (for a fee)-and they walked in front of my car to take me to the parking lot-and then upon check out, escorted me back to the lot and helped navigate my car thru the narrow street back to the hotel-then they helped put our luggage in the car! This was one of our BEST hotel visits during our two week trip to Spain last summer. Stay here and you will have wonderful memories!

Room Tip: Room 291 was stunning, large and so comfortable!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Gorgeous hotel with large authentically furnished rooms and luxurious bathroom. Great staff, very helpful and breakfast typical and well presented with fresh food. Central location. All sites in walking distance and tapas bars and restaurants close by

Stayed: November 2017