See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 April 2017

I throughly enjoyed the food, accommodations and friendly staff. I was impressed by the sense of history while having complete confidence in the service. My room, on the 3rd floor, had beautiful light, a completely modern bathroom/shower and comfortable bed. I would definitely return here again.

Room Tip: Third floor has sky light windows.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights. The room was very nice, clean. Hotel location is perfect, in the centre. There were two drawbacks - first that the breakfast is good if you have it once, but if you stay longer, you want same change, i would prefer swedish tables. Second is parking. I got parking ticket in front of the hotel. You are also forbidden to park in front of the entrance doors. Ask the staff where is it allowed. But i think they should give you the advice themselves when you arrive.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2016

We stayed in the apartment which is in an adjacent building to the hotel. It is spacious, well fitted and furnished and spotless. A real find and only a short walk away from the centre of Weimar. There is a supermarket at the end of the road.

Room Tip: The apartment is excellent
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2015

This hotel just as its name claimed "Alt", is an older structure, Guest rooms are above the restaurant and rooms have been updated with new Bauhaus decors. The hotel's ground level and outdoor patio sitting serve the restaurant entrance; guests check-in have to go through a small door on the side street. The staff at the check-in also works in the restaurant, so a little patient is needed if the persona is away to do other duties. Never the less staff is friendly and courteous. Hotels doesn't have lifts so carrying my luggage through the stairs took some efforts. The location is good: city bus stop is across the street on the corner, town center is about 10 min. walk. Train station is about 15 min.walk. I booked 3 nights stay without the breakfast, so did not have a chance to review the food quality. The room is clean by standard, nature lights from windows, comfort bed, free bottled water and many outlets to charge up your electronic devices. However, the Internet access from the room is impossible. I was told that only place I could access Wi-Fi was the restaurant, which was a bit inconvenient for me since I I wasn't there to dine and felt uncomfortable to occupy a table, and I couldn't use after the restaurant was closed. This was the only down side of my stay. But for what I paid to stay, this is a decent place for the night rest.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 December 2014

The hotel is located very conveniently, close to the city center. The service was quite good. The room was rather small. Unfortunately Internet was not working, which seems to be a persistent problem there.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business