“Very traditional Thüringen food at a reasonable price”

Scharfe Ecke Weimar
Ranked #4 of 162 Restaurants in Weimar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Was very fortunate to get a table on a Sunday night with friends who were visiting from Bavaria. The service is good, the atmosphere is nice, the food is tasty and the portion sizes are large. I had the Tafelspitz vom Rind Meerrettichsauce, grüne Bohnen, und 2 Thüringer Klöße. My friends had other dishes but we were all happy with our food and had a great night.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank wsymes

Reviewed 14 February 2018

After reading the reviews, and looking at the menu options (I personally am in love with Thüringer Klöße, and from what I'd read, this restaurant more or less specializes in them), I knew I just had to drop by. I came at 4:55 p.m. today to the restaurant, since I hadn't made a reservation, and, from what I've read, it can be very difficult to get a seat.

Reviews certainly were spot on about that: they had two seats at the bar which weren't reserved, and I got one of them. A good amount of people without reservations were turned away, even as early as 5 p.m. - I believe one party of two was let in, on the condition that they could be finished by 7:30, as their table was reserved.

All in all, I am extremely happy that I managed to get a table at this restaurant without a reservation. I ordered the Rindgoulasch and ordered an extra Klöße with it - I had read the reviews on how big the portion sizes were, but I was really hungry, not having eaten much the whole day, having spent most of it walking around sightseeing.

Let's just say that the reviews certainly weren't lying about portion sizes. The Klöße were huge, but delicious. Even if I hadn't ordered a third one, I still can't imagine having room to order an appetizer or a dessert.

In a way, this also makes the restaurant a great deal for the money - for maybe twenty euros, one can have an extremely filling meal. All in all, I was very satisfied with my dinner here; it's a great example of hearty German cuisine. I only regret that I have to leave Weimar so soon, because the food here really is spectacular.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Odysseus_SPQR329
Reviewed 27 December 2017

This is one of my family’s favourite restaurants in Weimar. Quality of the mainly Thüringen-based dishes is consistently good, the service usually good, though sometimes a bit slow. So if you are looking for an authentic down-to-earth place to try Thüringer Kloesse dumplings or something else from the region, check this place out. Do not expect high-level cuisine and service, though. I do advise to book a table in advance and not to shy away from the hilarious dumpling-offering doll outside...

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank simon78_says
Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

We went to that restaurant because of the good ratings. We entered the restaurant and asked if they have a table for us. The waiter were very rude they told us that we should do a reservation weeks ago and no there is no chance to get a table and we should go. For me it's fine that they did not had space but the way how they talked to us was rude and unfriendly. Restaurant was looking nice also the food was looking nice

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 12 November 2016

This restaurant is well worth your detour. It serves traditional German food, in a wonderfully warm and quiet environment. The servings are large and the staff very nice and ready to assist you in your choice.

Caution: the restaurant is small and you are better off reserving ahead of time (the day before or as soon as they open).

Date of visit: October 2016