All reviews nice hotel en route room was clean and comfortable choose this hotel pork tram station reception staff public transportation breakfast buffet recommend this hotel business trip city sauna meats germany cheese
Reviewed 2 September 2018

A little out of the city but a really nice clan and friendly hotel. Secure on site parking for cars and bikes, excellent on site bar and restaurant serving a reasonable range of food and at modest prices considering the remoteness of the venue. Rooms are a little dated but well equipped and spacious. Breakfast is superbe.

Room tip: All good but the rear of the hotel has views over the gardens
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Kristin O, Manager at Steigenberger Maxx Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Thanks for stay with us and also for taking time to rate us.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will visit us again sometime soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

Worked on the hotel fitting all the coving and case goods ,see some of the original furniture is still there ,in 1995 loved staying in Jena for 8weeks on construction visited postdendorf and colditz castle .

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Kristin O, Manager at Steigenberger Maxx Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Reviewed 8 December 2017

It is my third time in the hotel but i feel it was much better before.
Even i stayed for 2 weeks this time but their restaurant close 2 days a week & if you do not book they will tell you sorry but we cant serve you today.
Be careful when you have a laundry,I put it Friday 7:45 am & i was supposed to receive it same day but i got it Monday afternoon.
Reception people some are nice & some are not,same for the restaurant
The only thing that i can give a good feedback about it this year is the breakfast sitting area & food in addition to the easy access to tram station which it can get you into center of Jena city in 15 minutes.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kristin O, Manager at Steigenberger Maxx Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Thanks for stay with us and also for taking time to rate us.
I deeply regret that we could not meet your expectations during your last stay and apologize for. I assure you, we will eliminate this problem as soon as possible

Reviewed 7 December 2017

The first impressions were not good as we waited nearly 30 minutes to check in. there were waiting on staff wandering about, but no reception staff. However once checked in the room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was first class, huge choice of meats ,cheeses and German bread varieties.

Room tip: Amazing breakfast.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here during a business trip.
The check in and out is quick and efficient.
Rooms are spacious enough and clean. Have asked a few times not to change my towel on a daily basis and requested soap - towels were changed, soap was not refilled.
Internet connection in the room is pretty bad.
Breakfast is good. There is a small selection of hot food, a vast selection of cold food. Different types of tea and coffee and fruit juices.
Dinner in the restaurant is very good but overpriced! Same goes for prices of wine.
It's a nice enough business hotel but I wouldn't choose it for a weekend break with my husband.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business

Thanks for stay with us and also for taking time to rate us.
For your suggestions and comments I am very thankful, it will help us to improve our service continue.