All reviews shopping mall business hotel the ground floor business trip very nice hotel place to stay small menu small city professional staff terrible internet slow wifi right next door fire brigade west train station great business real pain lobby bar
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I liked breakfast specialy delicious sweets more than other... and also the locations is good. I also tried tomato soup and it was delicious too. Good stafs . Rooms are average.
smell of cigeratte despite of beeing in non smoking zoon was the worst point.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
SEJ_Direktion, Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Esplanade, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback about your stay in our hotel. We are very sorry that your room smelled of cigarette. Our hotel in usually a non smoking hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience.
With kind regard,
The Management

Reviewed 23 June 2018

I stayed in the Steigenberger Hotel Esplanade for 2 nights (business trip). I chose this place for a good location. But I think they should improve.

What I liked:
The location is definitely nice, just in the city center. It is a quiet place. Shopping mall Goethe Galerie is just around the corner.

What I didn't like:
The hotel staff on the reception desk seemed quite tired and annoyed of welcoming new guests.
Design of the hotel is weird. First one of the elevators brings you to one floor, then you need to look for other elevators to get to the upper floors.
I was really confused or even disgruntled by a note in the bathroom: please avoid too much steam in course of taking a shower, because it might cause a fire alarm, when you open the bathroom too quickly. Cost for fire brigade: ca. 500 EUR. Could one please tell me why should I care about steam? How do I know it is too much? It really spoiled my bath procedures.
During breakfast, the waiters asked me three times if I would have coffee/tea (not at a stretch). I do not wash my meal down by coffee, I'm used to drinking after a meal. When I said "no, thanks, after my meal" three times, they took my coffee mug. There was enough space on the table. In the end, after the meal, I had to look for a waiter to return my mug.

I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank JolieMarjorie
SEJ_Direktion, Manager at Steigenberger Hotel Esplanade, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your criticism. We regret that we could not meet the expectations.

With kind regards,
The management

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Centrally located, easy to walk to town center, great fitness center for casual or serious fitness level. Loved the bed and the staff made very accommodation requested. Elevators are little small. Hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Deutsche Hospitality

Dear Guest,

The management

Reviewed 17 December 2017

We stayed in this hotel two times this year and really enjoyed both of them! High quality of service, very good and different breakfast, clean rooms and comfortable beds. In December at the evenings it was piano play in the lobby.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 13 December 2017

I chose this hotel many times during last year when I come for business trips. The atmosphere is good, the team is excelent and the rooms are very clean and pleasant. Breakfast is made of very high quality ingerdients.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business