Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$94
Hotels.comUS$94
PricelineUS$92
Official HotelUS$92
TravelocityUS$94
HurbUS$114
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 March 2019 via mobile

My husband and I have been traveling through Germany with 30 other people for the past week. We stayed overnight at Novotel Gera for one night. Check in was efficient for having that many people in our group. They offered fresh pancakes (called doughnuts in the US). The rooms were clean, but decor is somewhat outdated. Again, I’m finding this is common for German hotels, but there were no sheets on the beds and no wash clothes in the bathroom. Pillows were large squares and flat. It was nice though that there were mini toiletries in the bathroom unlike some of their German hotels we’ve stayed in on this trip. Bathroom was clean. Hotel lobby has a large bar area. Breakfast was average in my opinion, but I will say I’m not used to European breakfasts yet. Overall, nice hotel but definitely not my favorite from this trip.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 31 December 2018 via mobile

My second time in this Novotel in a travel between Aachen to Prague and everything was perfect. The room is spacious and warmer in winter . Have a hot pool and a fitness center ( better now in 2018 than in the other time in 2017 ). The parking have little spaces free but you can parking in front of the train line without problems of security.
The breakfast like all the 4 stars hotels in Germany is amazing. Never decline a hotel breakfast when you are traveling in Germany.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jorgeotavio
Reviewed 18 July 2018

This is a nice hotel.
Reception staff very helpful.
It is very unfortunate that they have converted their swimming pool to a small gym.
But, the sauna is very good.
However, the restaurant could be much better very slow service and the choice very poor

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 16 July 2018

We stayed here for MotoGP Sachsenring 2018. It was the closest we could get to the track when we booked...about a 30 minute drive. Best thing about this hotel is their lovely tree covered terrace where you can enjoy a bite and a drink. Gera is very quiet, not much happening. It must have been a more affluent place in the past, lots of beautiful old buildings, but seems to have fallen on harder times. Novotel Gera was fine. Efficient staff, polite though not overly friendly (normal in Germany I think). We had a huge room for Europe. No complaints there. The hotel is quite dated,"80s" in its decor, but *very* clean and spotless. There were two mini fridges, a coffee maker, a kitchenette sink, and a microwave in our room. My boyfriend and I got a kick out of the vending machine in the parking garage that sells beer and wine (you don't see such a thing in the states). The bathroom was austere but the water pressure was good and the hot water plentiful. They provide shampoo, conditioner, bath gel, lotion, shower caps, sewing kit, shoe shine kit. My only minor complaint was that the bath towels are horribly thin and rough, and they do not provide face cloths (just hand towels and bath towels). They have a freestanding a/c unit which was adequate if left running all day. Bed was comfy and pillows/comforter were as well. Overall I think this is a very good hotel for the money, and we would stay here again if back in the Gera area.

Room tip: Perfectly adequate, clean, and a nice terrace for a bite and a drink
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple