Actually, this hotel is not in Lübeck - but Travemünde (about half an hour driving from Lübeck).
We had a big family room on the corner at 8th floor. We had one comfortable double bed and two extra fold out beds which were not very comfortable.
The atmosphere of the town, beach and ferries passing by on their way to and from Sweden, Latvia and Finland appealed a lot to me. I really managed to relax and enjoy my stay there. Accidentally we happened to be their through the opening weekend of "Travemünder Woche", and there were a lot of people and activity there; activites for children, outdoor disco, temporary market with merchants selling a lot of different things (not crap).
Even though there were an outside disco there, the hotel room was acceptable sound proof (but of course we had to sleep with windows closed).
The hotel room it self was too expensive compared to what we got. With breakfast we paid more than 250 Euro per night, which the room was not worth.
As I already mentioned, the atmosphere and the view was fantastic - but the room was very worn. I got a feeling of being inside the movie "A Clockwork Orange", with a deep dive into luxury of the 70s.
There is a big garage in the basement, going over 2 floors. The garage has it´s own elevator - which has too low capacity, so you have to expect some waiting for that elevator.
We ate dinner one night at the hotel´s restaurant. That was good.
Also, the breakfast is good - but with a high price tag.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its prime oceanfront location right at the mouth of the Trave, this fabulous hotel affords guests unparalleled views over the Bay of Lübeck and Mecklenburg. The wide, sandy beach starts at the hotel and entices sunbathing, swimming and leisurely strolls. At 117 metres tall, the maritime illumination atop the hotel makes it one of Europe's highest lighthouses. Enjoy the breathtaking views over the ocean and watch the graceful cruise ships as they leave the Trave to enter the Baltic and vice versa. Speaking of graceful, the historical four-masted steel barque "Passat" is moored across from the hotel. The Baltic is a four season affair - as invigorating in winter as it is relaxing in summer. Business traveller or holidaymaker, its wondrous natural beauty and numerous cultural highlights ensure every stay is unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Stayforlong S.L., 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maritim Strandhotel Travemunde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Strandhotel lübeck
- Maritim Strandhotel Hotel lübeck