Acron-Hotel(Wittenberg)
US$80
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$93/night.

US$114
US$111
US$92
Hotel Alte Canzley(Wittenberg)
US$86
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$102/night.

US$89
  • Room Service
Hotel Kajute 7(Wittenberg)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsscrambled eggsstaff was friendlyparking houseroom was comfortable and cleantrain stationfree wifidouble roomstayed for one nightsmall hotelwithin easy walking distanceyogurtair conditioningbreadold towngermansightsstreet
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Hotel-Pension Am Schwanenteich is a very nice, typical German small hotel. Our room on the 2nd floor was fairly large and had an entry foyer with a wardrobe closet. During our stay, we did not encounter any staff that spoke English, however they were most patient in explaining things in German wen I didn't quite get it the first (or second) time.

The hotel is about a 3 minute stroll from the old town square and Stadtkirche (City Church) and maybe another 8 minutes to the Schlosskirche (Castle Church) at the other end of the old town.

Very good WiFi in the room and the included breakfast was typical European fare. Good breads, cheeses and meats as well as yogurt and fruit. Oh. Scrambled eggs and bacon too.

Recommend as a good value. Brush up a bit on your German but don't let that get in you way.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I stayed for one night at this hotel while visiting Wittenberg for two days. I had a double room and it was very nice and roomy and the bathroom was also big (hair dryer was provided), it even had air conditioning, which is not common even in Berlin. I also opted for the breakfast buffet and was pleasantly surprised. The selection was large and the scrambled eggs were probably the best I ever had in a restaurant buffet. The hotel is very convenient to all the sights and restaurants. I would recommend staying here and if I am ever back in Wittenberg I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2017

We stayed just after the opening events for the Reformation 500 celebrations. The area round the hotel was quiet, apart from a nearby clock that strikes every 15 minutes. The hotel entrance area is small and cramped, due its double use as a restaurant. The lift is also small. The rooms differ in size due to the building's age. We had ample space, with a large bathroom, a wardrobe area and a separate desk alcove for computer work. There is air conditioning, but we preferred to use the opening windows in the room and the bathroom. Wifi (free) worked fine, but the only English language TV channel we could find was Russia Today. Breakfast, served in a separate room from the restaurant, was perfectly adequate, but not adventurous. Staff were efficient and helpful. Buses from the Haupbahnhof stop nearby (though this may only have been during the Luther celebrations), otherwise the walk takes about 15 minutes.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2016

Excellent value - but we stayed only one weekend night in the off-season first weekend of Advent. The location is quite good: on the edge of the old town across from a pond, there is a busy street nearby. The street is currently under construction, so it is partially blocked and therefore somewhat quiet. In the off season street parking is available- we didn't have any trouble finding a place, but a parking garage is nearby. The room, bed linens + bathroom were very clean. Adequate furnishings+ lighting, a bathroom fan separate from the light switch as well as CNN TV + information regarding the hotel and Wittenberg were all available. The hotel staff was helpful + courteous -- admittedly a decent command of German helps, but the family member I was traveling with an elementary German did ok. Breakfast included with enough variety to choose from and good coffee. Minuses are room size (the single room was small, the double room was adequate) and more importantly room noise - the walls and doors seemed somewhat thin. The toiletries basket was not stocked but I didn't request a refill so that's a minor point. There's a restaurant downstairs and elevator available but due to our short stay, we didn't use either. We enjoyed our stay and would return.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2016

Nothing works correctly. Dinner not available the day I came, some closed party. The departure from 7:00 AM Ok, even I need to leave as soon as possible, I must accept it.
But 7:15, I am locked at room's floor, lift does mot go down to reception, it means, reception staff is not at place.

The room 17, window to internal yard. Whole night (up to 4 AM) noise from kitchen or from where, noislly chatting smoking staff, the the black mare night.

wifi for free?
not true, in at room available papers stated 1 hour 1E, 6 hours 5 E, 24 hours 10 E.

The worst hotel I visited this year, even girl at reception was friendly (I dare to speak English, I tried my German).

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo