See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

This hotel is basic and is located in an industrial area.but your only a 10 minute walk.from a tram.which then leads you into town centre .which is stunning in around 20 mins number (7)..our stay was a really good ..a want to give( max ).a big mention because because he gave uz alot of information and help of the local area. Restaurants.bars.and transport..etc. he was a reall big help to me and my with. He also speaks very good english.. and we would go back and stay at this hotel..thank you..... mr buŕton..

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Derek B
Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

The Astral hotel is located in an industrial area at the outskirts of Leipzig. By Stassenbahn it will take you about Twente minutes to get to the centre of Leipzig. This really is your only option if you want to do something after diner, since there is nothing near the hotel.
Rooms are quite basic but clean: nothing more, nothing less. Staff was efficiënt. Breakfast was good. WiFi worked in my room, all be it slowly. Staff was efficiënt
This could be your hotel if you look for an affordable place to sleep near Leipzig. If your goal is to discover Leipzig I would recommend to take a hotel closer to the centre.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Bart v
Reviewed 26 March 2015

This is an excellent place if you just need to sleep and prepare for a business or sightseeing day, but take in consideration that it's 20 minutes at least far from the center. The rooms and facilities are very basic, but clean. The staff is not the most customer oriented, but the breakfast is decent and I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This hotel in not in Leipzig. It is in a small industrial suburb. There is nothing around it. We found a small run down restaurant and that is about it. The staff were unhelpful but I must say the rooms were very clean. It is only good if you have a business meeting around there.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aisling H
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We booked this hotel to attend a small trade show. I was a little worried as the price seemed low, and the reviews were variable. And the taxi driver didn't seem to think it would be very good.

But we were very pleasantly surprised! We'd upgraded to the larger double rooms, and they had lots of space. The WiFi was great, and fairly reasonably priced. All the staff were helpful and I thought that - particularly given the price - was more than adequate.

The hotel is located some way from the city, so don't expect to go out in the evening and not have to pay taxi fares. But the bar and restaurant are spacious, nice and not a bad place to have a couple of drinks.

Overall great value.