1,084 results
All reviewslobby barthe upper floorsgreat view of the citygreat hoteltop floortrain stationbusiness conferencebig hotelswimming poolbreakfast buffetan upgradeshopping mallgerman hotelsair conditioningmodern designrooms are spaciousold city
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

I must admit reading some of the past reviews had me hesitant. I’m glad I went now. Being a platinum member they upgraded me and offered free beer/wine evenings from 6-7. The kicker was they asked me if I wanted the platinum snacks with my beer. Naturally I expected pretzels or nuts. They brought out a basket of French bread with different spreads. About 10 minutes later they bring me a plate of rolled up veal with mashed potatoes and gravy. The bartender said the snack changes daily. Wow, nice job! Breakfast also many choices but no omelet. I will definitely return.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Antje R, Leiter Gästebetreuung at The Westin Leipzig, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to share your impressions with us. We are pleased that you were so satisfied with all our services and hope to see you again soon.

With kind regards
Antje Reichstein - Area Marketing Manager

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

The first thing that caught my eye is that we didn’t have a fridge in the room..unusual. The room was very nice and cozy. The most outstanding feature is probably the restaurant in hotel. Super expensive but the food was quite an unforgettable experience

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Antje R, Leiter Gästebetreuung at The Westin Leipzig, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear Guest,

thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

With kind regards,
Antje Reichstein - Marketing Area Manager

Reviewed 10 January 2018

We stayed 5 nights in the hotel, while attending some Christmas events at nearby Thomaskirche. Friendly reception, special ginger tea drink awaiting at the lobby after a cold night out very much appreciated. Beautiful room and comfortable beds. There was a bit of construction side nearby, but not a problem for us to walk to the Hauptbahnhof or to the mall Hofe am Bruhl across the street.
Would definitely stay again the next time!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Antje R, Leiter Gästebetreuung at The Westin Leipzig, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

with kind regards,
Antje Reichstein -Area Marketing Manager

Reviewed 18 December 2017

The Westin hotel has a very good location .. from the airport you can take the shuttle in 14 minutes to the train station and then another 3 minute walk ... and you're there ... from the Westin you're fast in the City center... or in the shopping center closed by... the rooms are spacious and well equipped ... WIFI free is very good ... there is no free bottle of water ... which should cost 4.50 € ... mattress was very good ... the staff is very friendly ... the breakfast also has a decent price ... but is fine ... from the room on the 15th floor I had a great view of Leipzig ... in the 27. floor is a star restaurant with the name Falco .. I have not been here ... The only thing I really complain about is the lunch in the restaurant Brühl ... but I will rate separately ...
Thank you for the service ...

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Antje R, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at The Westin Leipzig, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for your stay and the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon. Happy Holidays - Sincerely, A. Reichstein, The Westin Leipzig

Reviewed 12 November 2017

The location of the hotel is superb as it is five minutes walking from the central station. Walking distance to the city. Benefit of the size of the hotel is that you can easily find it even when your sense of orientation is not the best.
The top floor bar is great with regards to service but also quality of drinks.
Rooms are what you expect from Westin. Due to their good SPG recognition in my last stays I always stayed in a superior suite and the room quality is always equally good.
The only weak spot of the hotel is breakfast. While quality of food as well as selection is exactly what you would expect, the atmosphere in the restaurant is the one of a crowded railway station waiting hall where free food is served. Clearly the management is aware of this as they offer extra tables in front of the restaurant , but this only relaxes the situation slightly. Considering in room breakfast is clearly what I would recommend! If the hotel would promote this a little that would clearly relax the situation in the restaurant.
Otherwise its always my first choice when in town!

Room Tip: rooms facing the city on high floors allow a look of "Völkerschalchtdenkmal"
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Antje R, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at The Westin Leipzig, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the nice review of our hotel and thank you for letting us know your thoughts. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at bottom and hope to see you again very soon. Sincerely, The Westin Leipzig Team.