“Curly Friiiieeeess!”

Cuisines: Fast food
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 30 September 2014

Oh, Devil's Kitchen, how I love your curly fries. They taste exactly like they are supposed to! As a sometimes-homesick American, I thank you for that.
I'm also a big fan of Jose's Burger, with grilled onions and blue cheese (I think). Sometimes I ask them to swap out the burger patty for their fried tofu patty, not because I'm vegetarian, but because that crispy tofu is an unusual treat.
My only complaint: the milk shake does not meet my American definitions of a milk shake. Granted, I only tried it once, but it was more like chocolate milk with whipped cream on top. I really wanted a thick, ice-creamy shake that was hard to get through a straw.
Oh well, I'll definitely still be coming back!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Those are the priciest burgers that you can get in Neustadt (i think), and they are not worth it. Sure, the plates looks good, but the tastes are not that amazing. My seitan-mushroom burger was clearly lacking some good sauce in it, and the others didn't seems to be THAT satisfied either. This place was there a long time ago and they probably should adjust their menu and prices to the new competition.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

My girlfriend and I visited this little joint by recommendation of the Dresden USE-IT map and were left wondering.. why in particular it was even mentioned?

To be fair, Devil's Kitchen shows off some degree of design sense. It looks somewhat like an American diner but with a certain peculiar twist. Despite all red lights, the atmosphere is quite relaxed inside. Not only is the menu professional, well-designed and contains lots of delicious options, but the staff are quite friendly and can speak some degree of English.

That said, the food was overpriced and overrated.

Having just had a delicious vegan burger (I'm no vegan, but I've been finding vegan burgers tastier than meat ones for some reason lately) at Falscher Hase, I was curious as to whether Dresden was simply good at vegan burgers. We ordered two such burgers from the vegetarian and they were nothing special. Tall sloppy things of no particular character to distinguish them from your average fast food burger, and no apparent effort given to presentation. At least the beer was good.

Spurred on by a feeling of intense masochism, we decided to order some dessert. A Brussel-style waffle with maple syrup, and a "Choco Peanut Butter" shake. The waffle was okay; slightly burnt on one edge, but nothing to cry or dance about.

The shake was a strange little thing though. There was nothing in it that one could mistake for chocolate, or ice cream. It was a 5 euro cup of milk with a spoonful of peanut butter blended in to it. 5 euro for that. Can't be right, right? We asked the waitress and without response, she simply added a scoop of chocolate powder, mixed it, and gave it back to us.

Being a bit fed up at this point, I just wanted to pay the bill and get out, but even that task was a little harder than it should be. Upon asking for the bill, I was told it came to "twenty-five and one-fifteen". I tried to figure out what this might mean. 25.15? 25 + 1.50? 25 and a fifteenth of.. no, that's silly. "Pardon?" I said, and was given the same response. Language barrier, maybe.

I played it safe and paid 27 euro. She gave me no change, I sighed internally, and left. I probably just gave her a small tip for a bad experience. Ugh. Whatever.

Considering the average food and decent atmosphere at Devil's Kitchen, I would only recommend going there if you intended to simply have a few beers, but in that case, you might as well just go to one of the nice bars nearby instead.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Seriously, after living in Europe for the past four years, I miss a really incredible burger... Well I just found one! I had the cheddar cheese, mushroom, and onion burger and it knocked my cotton socks off! A truly American style burger that is, hands down, the best I've had anywhere in a long time.

A little pricy for Dresden (Neustadt definitely) and the service isn't much to write home about but go and eat a burger anyway!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Pretty fun American themed diner with some good vegetarian/vegan options. Relatively cheap for two meals, one coke and a beer at 25 euros.