Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$106
View deal
Expedia.comUS$107
TripadvisorUS$107
Travelocity
PricelineUS$106
Hotels.comUS$107
Orbitz.comUS$107
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2020

We stayed here during a trip across Germany. The hotel is located near the center of Chemnitz, right behind the opera. The staff was friendly, the hotel room was big and well equipped. Everything was working.

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank 708wernerw
Reviewed 24 October 2019

We stayed here in early September - room 201 overlooking the square and corner. Our room was actually 2 rooms in one - the bathroom was separated from the bedroom by a small hallway

Our room was air conditioned and the AC worked well. Our room had:
tea/coffee making facilities
Large TV - with international channels
fridge
phone
but we did not have a safe.

The bed was a king bed and extremely comfortable.

We were lucky during our stay - on Saturday night there was a classical concert in the Opera Square opposite the hotel - which we thoroughly enjoyed.

The staff were OK - helpful but nothing special.

All in all - highly recommended - you will not be disappointed. A great place to stay

Room tip: All the rooms have double glazing and are OK
Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank George B
Reviewed 28 June 2019

Europe was going through a heatwave and I was looking for a hotel with airconditioning and the only one I found on Trivago was Hotel an der Oper. I booked an apartment. I called the hotel to confirm it had airco and they confirmed.
I arrived in my room and the airco did not work than I checked another 3 rooms and none of the airco worked. I was given a room on the top floor and had the pleasure of trying to sleep in 35C/94F temperatures. I slept 2 hours. Do not believe their stories. Breakfast was also not very grat and service handling my problem was very very poor.

Room tip: do not book this hotel
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2018 via mobile

I stayed for one night - it was a good place to stay. View directly towards the opera and street. However, very quiet. The location is close to the central station and good to reach by public transportation as well as by cab/car.
Breakfast was a standard buffet type experience. Nothing special - all good.
Thanks for the hospitality!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Boaconstructor
Reviewed 11 May 2017

The rooms here a bit bigger then usual and they are neat & clean. The better part about this in comparison with the Hotel ChemnitzerHof is that there the clock tower sounds like somebody is banging your head. That's not the case with An Der Oper. Food was OK. City centre and railway station is walkable.

Date of stay: April 2017