1,344 results
All reviews the club lounge rhine river old town beautiful hotel rhine view room pepper restaurant frankfurt airport rain shower roman theatre great city large bathroom short walk rooms are modern nice location breakfast buffet train station gutenberg museum
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Located along the river walk, only 5 minutes from the old town center. The entrance and reception area was modern and impressive. The check in staff lovely, the check out staff somewhat robotic. The room was squeaky clean. The only thing missing was a luggage rack for our suitcase which should be a “given” in any five star hotel, especially as it will be difficult for any elderly client to have to squat or bend over to unpack their luggage. Sure we could have asked for one, but with only a few hours to sightsee, did not want to have to wait for one. We had very little time in the room as it was only an overnight stay, but will definitely go back if we are Mainz again, and hope the luggage rack will be in all the rooms then.

Date of stay: September 2018
Frank_Heckelmann_HRM, Geschäftsführer at Hyatt Regency Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear Omusubi,

thank you very much for your kind review of your stay at the Hyatt Regency Mainz.
We appreciate your feedback immensely, so thank you the detailed comments. Your remarks concerning the luggage rack is completely understandable, and we have actually discussed this recently and will include them within the next few months in our rooms.
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the lobby and also got to visit Mainz for a while - even if it was only a short time.

I hope, we get to see you again as a guest in our hotel soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

After a long plane ride and drive from the airport, we arrived at the Hyatt ready for a break. Much to our surprise, the hotel was overbooked and did not have our two rooms available. The front desk clerk actually advised they did not even have a reservation for us which had been booked for months. We were stunned. To add insult to injury, as we attempted to discuss our options the clerk walked around to the front of the counter and moved our three bags away from the counter to allow her to move on to others without giving any advice or options for us. A tough way to start a busy week. I’m sure the hotel was nice but I will never know as I will not be back to the Hyatt there. We are Hyatt members as well but I guess in Mainz it does not matter.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Cheri F
Frank_Heckelmann_HRM, Geschäftsführer at Hyatt Regency Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear Cheri F,

thank you very much for your review of your time spent at Hyatt Regency in Mainz.
I would like to sincerely apologize for the experiences you have made arriving at our hotel. We should have tried to relieve your stress after a long journey and make you feel welcome, but instead you experienced even more inconveniences when trying to check in. Certainly, I completely understand your frustration in this situation and I am so very sorry for everything happened. Please be assured that it is not our intention to disappoint you as our guest but we would always like to have you feel individually cared for and at home while with us and that has not at all taken place. We do take the incidents happened and the feelings you have about the situation very seriously and we will try our utmost to make true amends for it. Our Director of Operations Franka Kretzschmar has already been in contact with you for further action.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel has it all...great location right on the Rhein River with a short walk into the old town(10minutes) The main entrance lobby and bar are contemporary but very inviting. The Bell Pepper restaurant is awesome in every respect. Beautiful views of the river, outstanding food and service in a dramatic environment. We never eat in hotel restaurants but this was an exception...clearly the best restaurant in Mainz. Everybody at the front desk was friendly and helpful and the overall service was excellent. It is recognized as a business hotel but I think it deserves much more credit. If you are going to be in Mainz this is where you should stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert S
Frank_Heckelmann_HRM, Geschäftsführer at Hyatt Regency Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Robert S,

thank you very much for your kind 5-star review.
It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Hyatt Regency Mainz in every respect. Thank you for your recommendations regarding the Bellpepper restaurant. Our kitchen team is very ambitious and eager to create new and exciting dishes - they will appreciate your feedback very much as well. I have also noted your comments regarding your service and am happy to hear that we were able to make you feel "at home", which is very important to us at Hyatt Regency Mainz.

Hopefully we get to see you as our guest again soon.

Kind regards from Mainz,

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Location is amazing with a walk way that goes on for miles. I am a big fan of Hyatt Hotels and we had landed in Frankfurt at 5:30AM we arrived at the hotel very early and they were quite accommodating to get us a room as soon as possible.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Frank_Heckelmann_HRM, Geschäftsführer at Hyatt Regency Mainz, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear tmg_traveller,

thank you kindly for your great review regarding your stay at the Hyatt Regency Mainz.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the walkway along the river and got to experience a bit of the city while staying with us. I also appreciate your feedback regarding your early check-in. We always try to accommodate our guests as best as we can and I'm glad we were able to provide your room as early as possible for your arrival.

I hope we get to see you again soon in Mainz.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2018

For the third time I am at this wonderful place the location and friendly staff make this the hotel of choice for me every time I am around that area and I would always recommend it as a quiet comfortable place for any kind of visit no matter what the purpose or time of the year

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Dear Freedom48229,

thank you very much for your kind review.
Your feedback is well-appreciated and I am very glad to read that you continuously enjoyed your time here with us in Mainz. It is important for us to know that you feel comfortable and well looked after while staying with us, so thank you for your feedback.

I'm looking forward to welcoming you again in Mainz soon.
Kind regards,