US$120
  • Bar/Lounge
Diehls Hotel(Koblenz)
US$123
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$142/night.

US$100
US$159
US$141
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthere is no air conditioningold townnoise from the streetbreakfast roomwould stay here againparking spacegreat breakfastexcellent locationmoselaltstadtclosetreceptionistcheese
Reviewed 1 February 2018

Staying here for two nights on the way back from Italy, we were certainly not disappointed. I had booked a family room/apartment, which was a large two-room apartment with a double bed in the room facing the courtyard, and two single beds in the room/sitting room facing the street. As it was autumn and quite nippy in the evenings, we had the windows closed and did not experience any noise from the street. The room was situated on top of the kitchen/breakfast room - we did nor hear anything from there either.
Everything was nice and clean, and sleeping quality was excellent. Turning on the towel dryer in the bathroom made it were comfortable here as well.
Breakfast is with a good selection of everything and with ample amounts of coffe, juice and the like. Ther place seemed well-visited in the weekend, so there was quite busy in the morning.
The first evening one of our daughters hat a bit of headache and sore throat, so we asked for a kettle or the like, but we given a thermo bottle filled with freshly boiled hot water to bring to the room - the water could then be used for tea, cup noodles and cupasoup. Very good service.
Parking is in an underground parking facility under a square just opposite the theater - around 100 m away. The hotel provides you with an access card for the parking space. If/when you arrive by car, then you can drop off the necessities and the passengers and get the card from the reception before parking.
From the hotel it's just a very short walk to the Altstadt, Deutsches Eck, and a lot of shopping, eating and dining opportunities.
Recommendable.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the coutyeard are most likely more quiet
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Serviceable hotel in the heart of Koblenz.

Elevator. Free wifi with password, supplied at the front desk. No safe in the room but it is offered at the front desk

Parking garage and paid lots are right across the street

No a/c but there were 3 fans in the closet & luckily our night was just a little uncomfortable

Beds reminded me of something we had in college, very basic but we were there for one night and they did us right

Small but decent shower. Water pressure went from cold to scalding as other guests woke for the way & flushed toilets. Beware.

If in the area again, we would stay here during winter as the price was extremely reasonable but if summer months, might seek a/c

Overall A-OK

Room Tip: Bottom floors are cooler - there is no AC
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent location, friendly staff, comfortable and clean room, superb breakfast. Motorcycle parking just a street away. We will be coming back again. We arrived after a long day of motorcycling and the receptionist was exceptionally kind and helpful. Just a short walk into the centre

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2017

This hotel is 3 Star and located on the edge of the old town, it is very well maintained, the room and ensuite was clean and well presented. Breakfast was up to German standard. Our room was above the kitchen, ear plugs were provided and shutting windows sound proofed the room, but there is no air conditioning. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room high up in the building.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2017

Very small, but clean (bath-)room. I think this the 2nd smallest hotel-room I've ever slept in. Nr 1 was in a unique but old rebuild prison-hotel. However, I did come here to visit the city and not the hotel so no minus points for this remark. Free & good wifi signal. In the lounge you can ask for a free cup of coffee. Excellent location, really good! The breakfast-experience was a bit unusual. There was not a lot to choose from I thought. If something was empty (juice, coffee, bread, eggs, ...) or the last available item was taken it seemed I had no other option to choose something else. This is not why I paid so much money for breakfast. After quite some time (too long imho) and there was only 1 person to refill empty bags, cans, dishes, etc. new items were made available. But then I already ate the things I normally would not eat when I have the choice (and when paid for it). I believe I was offered 1 cup of coffee during breakfast and that was it. While I'm a heavy coffee drinker and I would expect an "all-you-can-drink" policy so I didn't appreciate this limitation. The 1 person was 'busy' (or away) a lot of the time so the opportunity to ask for another coffee was not there.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple