All reviewshairdryer providedfree parkingold fashionedsingle roomnot hesitate to stay here againresidential areaold citytypical germancomfortable bedgreat breakfastair conditioninggermanycentrelinensriverside
Reviewed 5 November 2017

The rooms are not very special, but they are clean and spacious enough for 1 or two nights. The staff is friendly and very help full.

The breakfast is very good with a lot of different choices

(I travel a lot in Germany and Europe and this is one of the better places to have your breakfast).

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

We recently stayed at Hotel Scholz whilst touring the local area with our band. There were fifty-five in the group. The food was good. The room was fairly basic and would have benefitted from a refurbish. The staff were very friendly and worked hard. The one small lift sometimes caused a problem when we were all trying to reach our rooms at the same time after returning from a concert. My main criticism was that there was no flexibility with the timings of the availability of food. We returned a little late from a concert due to road diversions and the restaurant closed as we arrived back. Those band members who were first off the coach managed to get a table but those of us at back were told that the restaurant was closed. There were no restaurants near the hotel so many of our group had to go hungry. I would not stay there again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

The staff were pleasant. Breakfast choice was excellent. The room was small and needs updating but was clean and adequate. Could have done with air conditioning. Walking distance to the centre (25 mins) with free parking in the street.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie_021956
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Adequate rooms, helpful and friendly staff. Very good breakfast, with lots of choice. Parking tucked away at the back of the hotel. Easy walk to the old city centre and riverside.
Slightly faded perhaps, but run very professionally.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank MR2VFR
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed here on a tour, and this hotel is perfectly suitable for tour groups. My single room was large and clean. Comfortable bed, good linen, lovely bathroom. Liquid soap, towels and hairdryer provided. Alas no air con so the room was very hot although the fan did its best!

The breakfast is amazing as everyone else has said. Great selection, plenty of it and all very tasty. Good coffee too! Other than breakfast we didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on the restaurant.

We did drink in the bar where prices are reasonable, but the terrace closes very early because this hotel is in a residential area. Which leads me to the reason I would not stay here again -- the location. It's a good 30-minute walk into the town and it's not a very nice walk. But if I could pick this hotel up and put it somewhere decent I would not hesitate to stay here again. Friendly staff, laid back atmosphere.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends