All reviews hams lady at reception central station ideal location buffet breakfast city centre would definitely stay here again german corner within walking distance old town deutsches eck minute walk bathroom cheese rhine hauptbahnhof bicycles
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Jan Van Werth is a small, family type hotel in downtown Koblenz. Hotel rooms in Europe are usually smaller than in the United States, so do not be surprised about the size. However, they are equipped with everything you need! The hotel is immaculate clean, the personnel friendly and resourceful, and to top it off, included in the price is a yummy, abundant buffet breakfast. Koblenz is an interesting city and the hotel is close to the old town, the Rhine and the central station. There are actually two train stations within walking distance (Hauptbahnhof and Koblenz Stadtmitte). I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Very friendly greeting from the lady at reception, room modern and stylish with a well decorated bathroom. Breakfast was very good with a large variety of things to eat catering for all tastes. Ideal location to explore the altstadt and only a 15 minute walk to the river, cable car/Ehrenbreitstein fortress and Deutsches Eck.

Room Tip: No lift in the hotel, so if you heavy/lots of luggage get a room on the lower floors if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here on our cycle trip down the Rhine river. The hotel had good storage facilities for our bicycles. Rooms were clean and breakfast was excellent. It is reasonably priced and close to the city centre.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MareeKen
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Good hotel near the old town in Koblenz. The rooms are comfortable and quiet and the bathrooms well equipped. Breakfast is included and is probably the best breakfast I had in my whole one-week trip along the Rhine!

But (unfortunately there is a but) the experience was tarnished from the outset by the offish reaction I got from the lady at reception when I asked if I could pay after I'd seen the room. This is fairly standard practice in a lot of hotels so needn't have been met with hostility. However, the lady proceeded to repeatedly tell me that if I didn't like it, I could go elsewhere, which was abrasive and unnecessary.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

I get a random email from the property 2 weeks out from when I was suppose to arrive that they can accommodate/honor my reservations. Through booking.com, I booked two rooms and the property said I didn't. Their email response were slightly rude and booking.com wasn't helpful with fixing this issues.

Still haven't receive a refund or response on them canceling on me.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Joshua W
Brian A, Inhaber at Hotel Jan van Werth, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2017

Dear Sir,

your criticism is nonsensical. You never had a reservation for three persons as you depicted. At first you insisted on a double + single room, in your second mail you told about three single rooms and now there are quite suddenly a double + single room again (realizing the non-sense?). You had a confirmed reservation about two single rooms, no more, no less! You just didn't want to perceive that it was your mistaken. We have a written confirmation in duplicate that YOU have cancelled your reservation in accordance with booking.com. Due to your behavior and your obtuseness we are very relieved that we do not have to welcome you in our house. Furthermore we wish you a lot of fun trying to get a refund for your own fault.

Best regards