“Ideal location, in the middle of the city within easy walking of all attractions”

Hotel Jan Van Werth
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Koblenz
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Very friendly greeting from the lady at reception, room modern and stylish with a well decorated bathroom. Breakfast was very good with a large variety of things to eat catering for all tastes. Ideal location to explore the altstadt and only a 15 minute walk to the river, cable car/Ehrenbreitstein fortress and Deutsches Eck.

Room Tip: No lift in the hotel, so if you heavy/lots of luggage get a room on the lower floors if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here on our cycle trip down the Rhine river. The hotel had good storage facilities for our bicycles. Rooms were clean and breakfast was excellent. It is reasonably priced and close to the city centre.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MareeKen
Reviewed 31 May 2017

Good hotel near the old town in Koblenz. The rooms are comfortable and quiet and the bathrooms well equipped. Breakfast is included and is probably the best breakfast I had in my whole one-week trip along the Rhine!

But (unfortunately there is a but) the experience was tarnished from the outset by the offish reaction I got from the lady at reception when I asked if I could pay after I'd seen the room. This is fairly standard practice in a lot of hotels so needn't have been met with hostility. However, the lady proceeded to repeatedly tell me that if I didn't like it, I could go elsewhere, which was abrasive and unnecessary.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

I get a random email from the property 2 weeks out from when I was suppose to arrive that they can accommodate/honor my reservations. Through booking.com, I booked two rooms and the property said I didn't. Their email response were slightly rude and booking.com wasn't helpful with fixing this issues.

Still haven't receive a refund or response on them canceling on me.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Joshua W
Brian A, Inhaber at Hotel Jan Van Werth, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2017

Dear Sir,

your criticism is nonsensical. You never had a reservation for three persons as you depicted. At first you insisted on a double + single room, in your second mail you told about three single rooms and now there are quite suddenly a double + single room again (realizing the non-sense?). You had a confirmed reservation about two single rooms, no more, no less! You just didn't want to perceive that it was your mistaken. We have a written confirmation in duplicate that YOU have cancelled your reservation in accordance with booking.com. Due to your behavior and your obtuseness we are very relieved that we do not have to welcome you in our house. Furthermore we wish you a lot of fun trying to get a refund for your own fault.

Best regards

Brian Auersbach

Reviewed 21 February 2017

Perfect for a low frills visit to Koblenz. Quiet, yet ideal location. We parked the car 15 minutes away for free and walked the whole weekend around town. Service was exceptional considering the low price of room rental. Only draw back is a common bathroom. This was a surprise as I had not read the hotel information and reviews carefully. Other than shared bathroom this is a terrific choice. Definitely superior given the location and price range.

Room Tip: Room 11 has best bathroom access on 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family