See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 April 2017

The room isre spacious and the reception staff very friendly. They offer an excellente breakfast where you receive eggs in every kind you wish by order.
Easy access to the hotel as your room key fits also to the night entrance.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2016

The Pfeffermühle is a well equiped business hotel which can also be used for a romantic night.
Clean spacious rooms, very quiet and well insulated.
Restaurant with a wide variety of German dishes at reasonable prices.
A good selection of wines by the glass to accompany the different dishes.
Well stuffed breakfast buffet to start the day.

Room Tip: I wouls try to avoid a room along the street.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2016

This was my second time here. The rooms are nice, clean, organized and traditional for a German hotel. Bed was good, bathroom nice and very quiet. The restaurant has also always been great and I look forward to meals here. There is one thing that really made this stand out and that was the helpful young lady at check in. She was explaining about breakfast and I commented that I had to leave too early to catch a train and would miss breakfast. First, she offered to arrange a taxi which showed up right on time. (5:45 am, ugh) Then, she offered to make me a bag lunch for breakfast to bring with me. I was just blown away by the thoughtfulness. The food was waiting for me outside my door the next morning as promised and boy did it hit the spot on the train. A couple sandwiches, some yogurt, fruit, granola bar, juice. WAY over the top service to offer such a simple little thing that made my day so much better. Any business can apply this theory. It truly is the small stuff that matters. Thank you so much for making a long day of travel start off so great.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2015

Liked:
-------------
- The room was spacious enough and well equipped.
- The breakfast was good, had variety and taste.
- The location is okay. There is a bus stop right next to the hotel. However, as we had a car, I didn't check the frequency and the timings of the bus service and how convenient it actually is, to travel to and from this hotel using public transport.

Disliked:
----------------
It's simply overpriced! In Siegen, outside the town, in the middle of nowhere, in a family hotel with outdated bathrooms, when you pay 92.5 Euros per night for a double room, you get the following:
- a room at the top floor (Dach in German)
- with two single beds instead of a double bed
- a tiny, outdated bathroom with leaking shower doors and hardly any water coming out of the shower head
- 3 tiny pouches of shampoo and shower gel for two people for two nights (making 4 units of shower)
- hooks for hanging but no hangers there and hangers in other places not detachable to be used elsewhere.
- dirty dishes and cutlery with food particles on them.

Breakfast is not included in the 92.5 Euros, you have to pay extra.

Overall, an average hotel. Not great value for money.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Prachi K
Reviewed 10 September 2014

we booked a Sunday, late in the afternoon via internet, and arrived late in the night on the same Sunday... The hotel hadn't checked its latest booking, so we arrived unexpectedly for them. But within ten minutes all was organised.

Large rooms, clean, nice bath room, super friendly people and GREAT BREAKFAST. And for a price... It's cheaper to live in this hotel than home...

We even got the drinks we drank from the mini bar for free because of the booking problem.

I love this country!