“CANCELLATION POLICY DECEPTIVE AND UNFAIR”

Movenpick Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 545 Restaurants in Muenster
Price range: US$6 - US$37
Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Description: The Mövenpick Restaurant offers the Swiss charme, a modern ambience and a spacious summer terrace that invites you to enjoy the popular Mövenpick ice cream, having a piece of cake and a cup of coffee or just to have a refreshing drink at summer time. Our culinary speciality is international and Swiss cuisine as buffet or à la carte. The large menu card also includes seasonal promotions. The culinary calendar provides an overview of the next six months. From Monday to Friday we offer a lunch dish.
Reviewed 8 July 2016

My experience with this hotel was like a nightmare.
Somebody recommended this hotel because it was quiet (but there is a noisy free restaurant inside), although it is far from the city center and not good communicated .
With this message I want to warn of the estranger and unfair cancellation policy that this hotel has for payment and cancellation. They do not tell you when you book that they will charge 100 % , because according to them so the rate is cheaper, and in within days the customer pays the entire reservation. The problem came to me later, when I had to cancel my reservation for a medical condition and hospital operation. I have warned in time of my cancellation offering medical informs and I have reported it was impossible to cancel and only returned the ridiculous amount of 10%. Their mails were inhuman and cynical at all.
I had never found a system of collection and cancellation policy so unfair and fraudulent. I hope that future customers consider this because if there is a problem of force majeure, the hotel absolutely nothing compensates its customers .

MoevenpickHMuenster, Verkaufsleiter at Movenpick Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Dear Guest,

First of all we want to thank you for sharing your thoughts about the Mövenpick Hotel Münster with future guests and us.

The location of the Mövenpick Hotel Münster is in a quiet and relaxing atmosphere surrounded by nature, but also the proximity to the city center is a big advantage and can be reached comfortably by walking. Otherwise you have the opportunity to rent a bike (what is very characteristic for Muenster) at the Hotel.

It is possible that you booked your stay through an online portal and there we can give you no guarantee that you can cancel your visit immediately and with no loss. We would recommend you to call our reservation department in any case in order to get a consultation about a potential cancellation.

We highly regret that you were affected from this misunderstanding and we want to apologize for the situation. Our priority is that every guest feels comfortable and is satisfied with his stay and first of all with his booking.

You can be sure, that every staff member in this hotel is interested in finding the best solution for you and “inhuman and cynical” does not meet the standards of normal and usual value of Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts.

Hopefully you give us a second chance and you visit us in order to form your independent opinion. We are sure, that we can meet your expectations regarding our outstanding service, the quiet location and the comfortable and modern rooms with many amenities as well as our culinary treats and beverages.

We are looking forward to welcome you soon and you had a happy recovery.

All the best,

Duygu Saltik
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 2 April 2016

There are not so many hotels in Münster, as the hotel I usually stay is in renovation I started looking for some other options, and found out about the Mövenpick hotel. Well, even if the other hotel is renovated again, I'll stick to the Mövenpick. It's a little older, but still very comfortable. Very friendly staff and the breakfast is great. Also the restaurant for dinner/lunch is great.

1  Thank ThomasEMM
MoevenpickHMuenster, Verkaufsleiter at Movenpick Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for choosing our Mövenpick Hotel and the Restaurant during your last stay in Muenster and also for taking the time to give us a short feedback.

We are very pleased, that you will visit us again, although the hotel you stayed before is renovated now. That is a really big compliment!

That you liked the rooms as well as our charming and helpful staff is nice to hear.

The breakfast buffet is very common for its rich and fresh food, mixed up with the Mövenpick products. Also the dinner and lunch menu card is delightful and consisting seasonal food and beverages.

We are looking forward to welcome you again soon.
Kind regards,

Duygu Saltik
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 29 February 2016

It started with the excellent breakfast after a quiet night, The Swiss brunch was perfect and we found a place where the excellence of the service is overtaken by staff friendliness. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 28 February 2016

This review is for the hotel, not the restaurant. The location of the hotel is convenient to the lake - great if you want an evening stroll - and about 15 minutes from the center of town. The gym facilities are clean, modern and include two treadmills and basic weights. The room itself is above average - tidy - though would recommend asking for a view not facing the back. Also would recommend packing your own shampoo - the one they give you in the squeeze bottle attached to the wall dries your skin and hair considerably. Our room looked out onto the the roof and many other rooms (the pitfalls of a U shaped hotel). Reception staff were polite but a little cold, housekeeping was pretty friendly. A solid hotel nonetheless.

Reviewed 23 December 2015 via mobile

It was a great experience for me when I was visiting the Muenster, the city of student...in German. Stay in movenpick hotel in muenster was also great experience. I met a comfortable place, friendship services with warm hospitality and delicious meals. Two thumbs for the movenpick hotel service in muenster.