“great food at great price with great service”
Review of Nana Restaurant

Nana Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 257 Restaurants in Leverkusen
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 7 January 2016

lovely Little Bistro with Family feel.
Food is excellent as well as Service and hospitality.
We have visited various times now and each time were not disappointed.
great lunchtime place as well as evening.....

Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

This is my second visit and although the first had more impact - as usual - it was still a very nice Asian meal at a very low price. Do not expect gastronomy but honest, simple and tasteful combinations. If you like spicy tell the waitress and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 7 December 2015

We visit this place because of good recommendation, we have ordered four main course, and two starters. The starters and one of the main dishes were good. But the other three dish were not so good.
Plus next day two of us had horrible stomach-ache.

Reviewed 14 September 2015

Since first discovering the Nana restaurant I must have visited it at least a dozen times. Everyone i have taken there have found the food, atmosphere and friendly service simply outstanding.

On my last visit with the family nothing was too much trouble. It had been raining that evening so we were a bit damp, we had a baby in her pram and our large hovawart dog was with us. But never mind - we were still found a cosy place to enjoy our evening meal. And my family are somewhat "pickey" so when it came to decide what to eat they wanted changes to the published description of the dishes in the menu. No problem... Everything is possible.

My favourite remains the extra spicy coconut "Canh Chua" soup always with 2 (not 1 or 3) large prawns. They make it for me extra spicy which always brings me out in a light sweat. For the main course I tend to go for the Bo Cary with perfumed rice. This red, coconut based Thai curry can be prepared with either beef, chicken or crispy duck. The latter is particularly delicious but difficult to finish.

In the meantime we have got quite chatty with the owners who kindly gave me hints on which places to visit when I go to Ho Chi Minh City later in the month.

All in all we love the fact that we are always warmly welcomed here and that we can rely of really good, consistent and authentic Vietnamese and thai food. Lovely!

Date of visit: September 2015
1  Thank Eyekaytoo
Reviewed 28 April 2015

The Nana Restaurant opened its doors for the first time on the 22nd April 2015, taking over at a property that had previously housed a number of Italian restaurants in succession.

My business guest and I were really curious to see what they had to offer and we were NOT disappointed. The waitress/owner (?) was extremely polite and cautious as she took our drinks order - I had a Saigon beer and my colleague took bitter lemon. The menu is quite extensive and certainly very colourful with authentic looking dishes based on both Vietnamese and Thai cuisine.

For starters I chose an absolutely exquisite Canh Chua soup with large prawns which resembled Thai Tom Yam soup in my opinion - it was a fiery combination of coconut milk, lemon grass, chilli and other exotic spices. Really delicious. My colleague went for "Misosuppe" with Tofu and packed full of green leaves that we could not identify. Also great!

For the main course I was recommended the Vietnamese Tom Xao curry with rice - again based on many large, tasty prawns. This wasn't as spicy as I'd expected but was jam packed full of healthy stirred fried vegetables, sesame seed and tasty sauce. My guest ordered beef in glass noodles - the plate was so full that he couldn't finish it.

The restaurant itself is nothing particularly special to look at. But the service, food and delicately furnished interior is really good and, without a doubt I will be back frequently in the future. I do hope that Nana will survive. They are located in a very quiet residential area of Manfort, near Leverkusen and I fear that they are well off the beaten track. Let's all support them - Leverkusen needs authentic restaurants like this one!

Date of visit: April 2015