See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

There is Wifi which is very important. And connection is good for video calls and work. And if you are on a budget, no fuss and just need a place to sleep, this place is worth the money. Supermarkets nearby just across the street, Kaiser and Aldi where you can get what you need during the stay. Super convenient. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. One of the staff at the reception, Mr Abdul, will go out of the way to assist you. Proof that such budget hotels still may offer 5 star service and it was a pleasant surprise to me.

You can pay by credit cards here.

Depending on which side of the building your room is, there is a small patch of forest where the tall tower stands, thats where the sun rises every morning when i was here. So a bit of nature greets you every morning.

Be sure to speak to the staff and they will help you show the way to the nearest amenities you need.

Its also near Zoo Krefeld which is a mere 10 mins walk away.

You can rent bicycles to get around town though i discovered it only on my last day here.

Breakfast is standard. Do not expect anything extravagant but it is definitely not lacking. They have a small buffet of what you normally need for breakfast to start the day. Cereals, cheese, ham slices, eggs, fruit juice, etc.

If you are on a budget and is looking for a no fuss hotel to stay in, this is the place to go. I will definitely come back here again if i ever need to come to Krefeld for a meeting. No doubts about it.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Wolfram L, Inhaber at Garden Hotel Krefeld, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear guest, thank you so much for this review! One sentence is the most important from my point of view: "Be sure to speak to the staff and they will help you". This way to communicate is threaten to disappear - and I'm very sad of this.
Best regards Wolf Lawall GM

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

This hotel has been my second home for the last ten years!
A bit strange when I first arrived as the hotel is the top three floors of a ten storey block with reception being on the tenth floor!
The owner and the staff treat me more like a close friend rather than a customer. A friendly place!
No restaurant for evening meals but there are 5 or 6 within easy walking distance, so not a big issue.
Breakfast buffet is a good selection with plenty of choice and as much as you want.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Wolfram L, Inhaber at Garden Hotel Krefeld, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Dear T., the complete team of Garden Hotel Krefeld appreciates your kind review although it took 10 years to convince you ;-)... it's true, we became friends over all those years and this seems to me the best compliment a customer could pay us.
Sincerely yours Wolf Lawalll

Reviewed 15 July 2015 via mobile

This is the Hotel with the most friendly and accommodating staff I have ever been to. 10/10 would go there again. Rooms are very clean and offer everything a business traveler needs. I will definitely go there again when I am in the area in the future

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Wolfram L, Owner at Garden Hotel Krefeld, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2015

Dear Mr. A., thank you very much for taking your time for this review ! 10 points - whow ! The sweetest praise my team might achieve to win for his work ! Everybody here is looking forward to welcoming you again ! Best regards in the name of all Wolf Lawall

Reviewed 27 March 2015

its hard for me to review price/quaity balance since it was high expo season and we paid 770 euros for 6 nights which is pretty high. but overall experience is good. hotel is only on the 9-10 floors of the building and is pretty small. elevator is minimalistic. the room was ok, even better than i expected seeing the lobby. breakfast cost 5 euros, small quantities of different German dishes but it's tasty. id recommend this hotel for business travel.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business

Dear Mr. K., thank you for giving us 3 of 5 points for your stay here during prowein-exhibition !
Your are right - we raise our prices during expo seasons because we need these seasons with rates higher than usual to have an operating result at the end of the year which satisfies us and our bank. For those potential customers reading my comment: from our view our breakfast buffet is pretty many and varied: 5 sorts of bread, 5 varieties of rolls, a number of marmelades and honey, 2 juices and natural water, fresh fruits, various kinds of cereals, cream cheese, qvark (natural or with chives), several semi-hard cheeses, big assortment of cold-cuts, meat salad, chicken salad, tuna fisch salad, fresh and recently cut vegetables like sweet peppers and cucumbers, olives, fruit yoghurt and natural yoghurt, scrambled eggs and breakfast eggs, a nice tea bar with samowar for self service and - of course, coffee. What did I forget ? What did you miss? Maybe we reckon on your visit on occasion of prowein 2016 however? Kind regards Wolf Lawall GM

Reviewed 4 December 2014

We booked at another hotel, and got sent to Garden Hotel cause of a overbooking mistake. The staff helped us a lot changing location at such late time in the evening, and all the crew was really kind! So we soon forgot about the bad experience with the first hotel and enjoyed our staying really much. Breakfast was really good too, so many different foods to choose. We'd definitely go back to Garden Hotel for another trip to Pluswelt Festival!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SaraRingo
Wolfram L, Manager at Garden Hotel Krefeld, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2015

Thank you so much and greetings to Italy!