InterContinental Dusseldorf
  • Pool
Hotel Residenz(Dusseldorf)
US$1,829
  • Breakfast included
NH Duesseldorf City(Dusseldorf)(Great Value!)
1,039 results
All reviewsthe club loungeholmes placeold townhealth clubdesigner shopsroom serviceperfect locationnice lobbyshopping streetexcellent hotelexcellent stayexecutive roomcomfortable roomslate checkhotel barmodern hotelper day
Reviewed 19 February 2018

Normally stay my last night in a airport nearby hotel. This time was around the Dusseldorf boat show and my traditional selection was sold out. I decided to explore this hotel. I use a combination of points and $$$ to make the daily rate in compliance with my employer expense allowances. With this said, let the surprises start: the hotel is nicely located in the "New" Dusseldorf downtown area, surrounded of restaurant and retail stores. The check in was excellent, in fact by mistake I duplicate my reservation. They took care of it and re-deposit my points. The rooms are standard side, mine had view to the internal courtyard, overlooking the lobby and restaurant. Need to recognize Britta Kutz who came from her office to greet me when was informed that it was my first time at the location. Not necessary but very nice gesture from her. I took a brief walk and had early/light dinner in a restaurant nearby. In my way back enjoyed the art show in all floors prior to head to my room (my departure next day was very early!).

Room Tip: be careful with breakfast, is in the high side! (EUR 31 p/p)
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Viktoria P, Manager at InterContinental Dusseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear valued guest LUIS V,

many thanks for taking the time to write such an fantastic review about your recent stay at the InterContinental Hotl Dusseldorf.

We are always happy to give our guest, especially our IHG Rewards Club Members an unforgettable stay with us.

It is always our pleasure to offer our Members on the first stay with us an special welcome of the General manager Mrs.Kutz.

We are looking forward to welcome you soon at the InterContinental Dusseldorf on the beautiful Koenigsallee.

With best Regards,

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

The intercontinental hotel in Düsseldorf exceeded my expectations from start to finish. We were greeted by friendly staff outside the hotel on our arrival and this theme continued throughout our stay. The room was fantastic and the cleanliness of the room was excellent. Staff even took the time to leave my wife a little birthday surprise in our room. The hotel is nicely situated for the shops and an U bahn station is close by. Tino’s bar next door to the hotel is also worth a visit. If I ever return to Düsseldorf I would stay there again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Viktoria P, Manager at InterContinental Dusseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear valued guest threelions562,

many thanks for your fantastic feedback about your recent stay at our hotel.
We are very happy that you have enjoyed your time and we appreciate the time you have taken to write your review. With feedback like yours we always improving our service and trying to offer the guest the home away from home.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at the InterContinental Hotel Dusseldorf .

With Kind Regards,

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for 1 night during christmas. We were really excited coming here, and were'nt dissapointed at all. The lobby is beautiful with a lot of daylight, many historic portraits on the wall, and a exclusive VIP bar a couple of levels higher. The staff was really friendly and spoke good english.
We had to wait some time while sitting in the bar to be served, but still this service was friendly. The location of the hotel is ideal, but parking a car in the Qpark below is expensive.
The breakfast is delicious and serves you everything that you need!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear valued guest Sjors P,

Many thanks for your great feedback and your time you have taken to write such detailed review.

We are more than happy to read that you have enjoyed the time at our hotel. It makes us very proud to hear such positive feedback about our stuff, please be informed we will share your feedback with the team.

Unfortunately the QPark is not a part of our hotel, therefore we can't change the parking fee, but we will be happy the next time to assist you with other underground car park properties nearby.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at the InterContinental Hotel Dusseldorf.

Wirth best Greetings,

Reviewed 15 February 2018

I've stayed there with a friend, between Christmas and New Year. The disgn of the hotel is superb. We loved the brigde between the Club floor, and the Club Lounge. It gives a kind of special feeling. The breakfast in the club was super. And the Egg Benedict was the best one I've ever eaten 8 (Congrats to the Chef). I can recommend this hotel to everybody who is able to enjoy this kind of hotels.
Excellent location, on the quiet side of the most exclusive shopping street from Dusseldorf.
Maybe one little remark: the long and not logic way to the swimming pool, but of course that is not easy to change.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Mr.Erwin_Hermans,

many thanks for your great 5-Star Feedback on TripAdvisor and for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at InterContinental Dusseldorf.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially about the great service in order to your Breakfast order. Please be informed that I will share this information with my colleagues.

I hope we will soon have the opportunity to welcome you back to InterContinental Dusseldorf.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were booked in to a suite by our manufacturer who always expects the best quality. On arrival reception gave us keys to our room and also said it would give us access to an exclusive lounge for guests in suites. Keys did not work so had to return for them to be programmed correctly. By then it was closed, contrary to information given. Bedroom was a very big and comfortable, but badly worn in places e.g. torn head board and a cracked basin. Not what would be expected for the rate being charged. The exclusive lounge provided a menu breakfast and a buffet. First day the hot breakfast was slow and arrived warm -“it’s a long way from the kitchen” I was told. Second day I could not wait, so went for buffet. The cold salmon was off and the meat not far behind. I was not ill but felt queezy all day. Food had been hanging around for hours, on a wooden platter, not a chilled surface. Awful. The bar is nice but service by one member of staff was slow, rude and arrogant. Shocking. Finally, I am an IHG member and entered my membership number at check in. I never got my points for this visit even after asking 3 times by email. Overall, this place looks good but under the surface it is poor and overpriced. If I paid for it I would have asked for a refund. Worst experience in a German hotel ever and I have stayed in many. It lacks the attention to detail that I know German’s are so good at.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blueflag2015
Viktoria P, Manager at InterContinental Dusseldorf, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Dear valued guest,

I truly hope you arrived at your next destination safe and sound. I first and foremost would like to thank you for your valued feedback about your stay.
We always strive to provide an exceptional service which keeps you satisfied throughout your stay and until after your departure.

I am most disturbed that we did not meet and certainly did not exceed your expectation. . Please accept my apology on behalf our team, if you did not feel a kind and attention-to-detail service throughout your stay.

Please be assured that I have already addressed your feedback with the respective Department Heads to retrain our staff in order to prevent this from happening in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance for a new reservation at InterContinental Düsseldorf.

With Kind Regards,