“Never Fails to Amaze Me”
Review of Rio Douro

Rio Douro
Ranked #207 of 2,039 Restaurants in Dusseldorf
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 January 2017

This was my fourth visit and again the food, service and experience was amazing. Brought my fuzzy eater, grandson, who ate like it was his last meal. He loved the olives, bread, garlic shrimp, pasta and said he wants to go back again. He said he wants to come back soon. I had the shrimp, asparagus risotto and was in heaven eating my lunch. FANTASTIC. I have brought two friends and two members of my family in the past and everyone wants to return and we will return soon.

Reviewed 2 December 2016

We went as a group of 5 ladies on a Saturday night. The restaurant was very busy, but nevertheless the service was friendly and patient, even though one friend arrived very late, and we asked to change the table 'configuration'... the staff was very accommodating. (Only when I asked if the carrot soup could be made without cream, I got a very decisive no as an answer... ops). We ordered some many tapas that they hardly fit on the table (our fault since we rearranged it). Only one dish didn't come and we had to remind them... The soup was delicious, the marinated prawns, chicken and beef also (although a bit similar), the sardines and the potatoes went down well too. We had a really good night, although we could hardly hear each other speaking... it was indeed very loud (maybe try it on a quiet evening?) A disappointing thing was the orange and ginger tea, which wasn't tea at all, but rather warm diluted orange juice with pieces of ginger... forget that one. Couldn't drink it. Anyway, I would love to go back and try something from the à la carte menu.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

I visited the restaurant during a Business lunch. The "mittag menu" was very good and varied. The atmosphere was nice and cozy, service quick and attentive. The bread and dip they served along with the meal was really good also, it is a detail but normally the bread the restaurants serve isn´t that good. I absolutely recommend the place.

Reviewed 25 February 2016

We had a very nice evening in the good located restaurant. The personal was really friendly and was always up for a joke. The drinks were cool and a seafood plate before as well. As main dish I took a Tuna steak, but I honestly expected a bigger one. Summarized, we enjoyed the warm atmosphere and I will definitely coming back.

Reviewed 7 November 2015

We walked around the hotel neighbourhood to find a place to eat. Bumped into Rio Douro. Started with a dry white and some snacks. Meanwhile making a choice for main course. We had lovely food, gamba's and mixed meat dish. A bottle of red wine to complete. Very tasty and a good atmosphere. Friendly staff. Other guests know this place for sure, most tables are booked. We had great desserts, a display is attracting your attention, wanted or unwanted :-)