All reviewsgreat locationold townrestaurants and shoppinginner courtyardchristmas marketbreakfast buffetyogurtvisited dusseldorfgood sizecold cutswalking distanceshort staybed was comfortableeasy accesstrain stationhotel is locatedaltstadt
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night while in Düsseldorf. Location can't get anymore centralized than that! Right above the market, 10 minutes walk from the Rhian river and 3 minutes walk from Hafenstraße and the shopping area.

The room I had was for a single person hence the bed was smaller than a queen bed. I made this booking by oops so when I asked to changed I was told it was fully booked so I just took it and it wasn't that bed.

There's parking next to the hotel for 17€ a day but you need to let them know in advance otherwise it gets full so you have to sort out your own parking.

Cons: my shower head was broken so the water stream was too strong and I couldn't change it. Check in isn't possible to do not even a minute before 2pm (even if they have a spare room) unless you pay 30€ - that's not cool but we just set at reception and waited for 20 minutes.

Overall though it was a nice and quiet hotel - might stay there again.

Stayed: June 2017
carathotels, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Das Carls Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We are glad to hear, that you liked our location in the heart of Düsseldorf.
Our rooms are guaranteed at 2pm, the early check in is an optional offer.
Hopefully we can welcome you again soon.
Your team of carathotel Düsseldorf Carlsplatz

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Couldn't get a location closer to Carlsplatz. It's across the road, with plenty of Cafes and Restaurants nearby. Walk to the 'Aldstad Restaurant' nearby. They make a killer Veal Schnitzel. We had a family of 4. 2 adults and 2 kids aged 12 & 15, so we got the 'Suite'. The main bed was fantastic. The kids however had to share a double foldout. This was very narrow and uncomfortable for them. It's more suited to 2 small kids who would have found it perfect. As this room was upstairs, it had vaulted ceiling, which were very low in places. There were a few head bumps. There is a breakfast buffet which was pleasant, or you go across the road. Good size bathroom and water pressure. We did peak into other rooms as we walked through, and some of those rooms are very small. Suited our purpose though. Would we stay there again? Yes, probably for the Christmas Market next time.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank RJFONHOF
Reviewed 3 April 2017

We stayed at this hotel for a conference my husband attended. I thought the location was great. It was a straight shot up from the train station about 20 minutes away, which was walkable for us with our luggage. Very close to the old town and restaurants, shopping, and river. Quiet are and very comfortable room. Breakfast was included and that was a fantastic selection following traditional European breakfasts with meats, cheeses, pastries, eggs/sausages/bacon, etc. They even had champagne for mimosas. Oh, happy day! Would certainly recommend to fellow travelers.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 March 2017

The hotel is located right at the "Altstadt" across the pretty market of the Carlsplatz.

Although the location is perfect, I was disappointed about the hotel itself as I expected a better interior of a 4-star hotel. The room is very tiny and the bathroom needs a makeover.
The "double bed" consists of two single beds that are not even connected to each other, means, they move away from each other.
The tile joints around the bath tube / shower are quite filthy and need attention.

I expected more from a 4-star hotel.

It appears that most of the price results from the great location outside of the hotel and not from the accomodation itself.

As the breakfast was reasonable, I rate this place with 3 of 5.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Olaf R
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

There are few places I would call amazing. Where the staff is so impressive that you want nothing more than to offer them a heart felt offer of great thanks. The staff here was simply amazing and friendly and made my stay wonderful. Every one of them made my friends stay wonderful. The room was great, bed was great, and the price was worth every penny. Thank you for making my stay so wonderful.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends