Lowest prices for your stay
US$87
US$87
Vio.com
US$83
Hotels.comUS$86
PricelineUS$93
HurbUS$101
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 February 2019 via mobile

We stayed in Sir & Lady Astor for 3 nights. The staff were lovely and spoke very good English. As soon as you walk in the hotel you are taken back by how nice the interior is. It's really posh!

We had a bit of confusion when we first arrived as we weren't sure whether to check in at the Lady or Sir building. Because of the direction we arrived from we tried the lady building first (they are at opposite sides of the road). The doors are usually kept locked and you have to ring a bell for someone to let you in. We stood for a couple of minutes ringing the bell at the lady building and no one came. We decided to try the Sir one and someone came straight away. So for future travellers that may also get confused, make sure you try both buildings before getting frustrated as the Lady building may not be used, except in busy periods.

The room we had was very spacious, however I did pay extra for a "superior room" as it was my girlfriends birthday. When the maid was cleaning the other rooms we had a quick peek inside and they didn't look anywhere near as big. Some actually looked really small so bare this in mind.

Toilet, shower etc were all standard for a hotel. Shower was a bit sensitive. 1mm the wrong way and it felt like you were on fire, 1mm the other way and it felt like you were in the arctic ocean. Once it was set it was fine. They were clean and had a few extras in them such as cotton buds and a nail file, which was nice.

We got a few nice extras every time the room was cleaned, such as chocolate, cake, tic tacs, a bag of nuts and sparkling water. The cake was really nice.

The only other problem we had was that the room was ridiculously warm. Even with the radiators turned off and the windows wide open it still seemed to be disgustingly warm. We couldn't figure out where the heat was actually coming from. Not sure if it was something to do with us being on the third floor and the heat rising from the rooms below. Thats the only thing we could think was possible.

I'd highly recommend staying here. A great hotel in a beautiful city. Thank you to the staff at Sir & Lady Astor for making our visit to Germany such a great experience!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Luke9761
Reviewed 28 January 2019

I stayed for 2 nights with work whilst visiting a Show at the Messe. The hotel was a good location in a quiet area. There were a number of restaurants nearby. We used taxi to travel to the Messe each day, and also one evening when we went into the Old Town. The hotel itself is split into two buildings, one at each side of the road. I checked in at reception and stayed in the other building. The room was beautiful. Very nicely decorated and very comfortable. The bathroom was great and the toiletries provided ideal for those who only bring hand luggage. I liked the piece of cake I got and the water and chocolate I got on arrival - lovely touches! Staff were friendly, and breakfast was very good. Overall, a great stay - thank you!

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2019

We stayed here as a couple in early December, there was a group of 12 of us in total.
The hotel is split in two, one on each side of the road, and our groups rooms were split between the two. We had all booked individually so this was no issue at all.
I had somehow managed to book a double room for one person, and when we landed they showed us up to the top floor (it was a LOT of floors) into a very small double that was dressed for one, one pillow, one bottle of water, one slice of little (lovely) cake, etc etc. They didn’t question my having my partner with me, or his having a case and clearly planning to stay with me! As it goes, the cost was the same - there had been no supplement or discount for my booking without him.
For one person this room would be fantastic, but for two it was a little cosy. It was entirely my fault, and they provided a second of everything for him when we pointed out what I had done. I didn’t ask for a room change because to be honest, we we’re there for the markets and to spend time with our friends and spent very little time in the room. If my partner and I were a little more self-conscious we probably would have though, the toilet/shower room was tiny, had no window, and the door didn’t quite close properly! Again though, this was a room intended or one, in which case that would be no issue! The bed was incredibly comfy, and the room was spotlessly clean and nicely decorated too.
Our friends in this same building had paid £10 at booking and upgraded their room, their double was amazing and I would recommend doing that.
The reception area, whilst not 24/7 in our side always had an abundance of delicious sweets on the counter which went down a storm with us when we stumbled in full of gluwein – the room had fizzy water provided, along with some slices of cake and nuts too.
We didn’t indulge in the breakfasts here we chose to eat out so I can't comment on them.
On our final day they let us leave our cases in the hotel on other side, they weren’t in a locked room as such but they were in a staffed area, and front door was locked at all times (you had to ring a bell to enter) so I didn’t feel that this was a risk at all.
I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to explore this city, close to the station, not too much of a walk into the main town and the markets, lovely atmosphere with helpful and friendly staff.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank YorkshireDerry
Reviewed 9 December 2018 via mobile

We were a group of 12 with some in the lady Astor and some in the sir Astor.
My partner and i stayed in room 4 at the lady.
Huge comfortable bed
Great blackout blinds
Lovely decor
Clean and modern bathroom
Water, nuts and tic-tacs when we arrived.
Cake in the room every day
Body/hair wash in the shower
Small conditioner, body milk and hair balm in the bathroom. Great if you only take hand luggage!
Small but cosy seating areas but we went out most of the day so didn't really use them.
Good location not far from the station and walkable to shops and main streets.
Only downside and this is by no means a complaint, there aren't any tea/coffee making facilities in the room.
I still give it 5 stars and a thumbs up.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 37lindseyb
Reviewed 9 December 2018

This hotel is in a good location for both the train station and centre of Dusseldorf.
Immaculately decorated and spotlessly clean room. Very comfortable bed!
Great breakfast with hot and cold options and good coffee.
Would definitely stay again.

Room tip: Ask for room at the back as road quite noisy.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family