All reviews transportation ticket close to the city center the main train station nice hotel old town hauptbahnhof noise
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

İ make reservation hotel schumacher they pay my credit card 10 euro for trying my card true or not and sad to me we back your money after 10 days later but not now.

They sad to me money back not problem.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

A nice hotel close to the city center and the main train station.
The Breakfast is modest, yet good (cold cuts, some vegetables, eggs etc). But the
strongest if the property is its friendly and helpful stuff.

If you are on a budget, and looking for a decent place to stay in Duesseldorf, this hotel will definitely be a good choice!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Nim_Gazit
Reviewed 28 July 2017

This recently refurbished hotel is managed by a very kind family. Even though the hotel is close to the city center, they offer a free Düsseldorf transportation ticket (bus, tram,..) and free parking space. The rooms are very spatious and the private bathroom is clean. I recommend you take the breakfast as it resolves every possible morning cravings you might have. Definitely a very good place to visit Düsseldorf for a few days!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Pietervd1
Reviewed 27 September 2016

The hotel is not far from Dusseldorf Central Station, less than 10 minutes walk, but it is in a very quiet neighborhood. The room is very clean and with comfortable beds. The bathroom seems renovated not long ago, with very new tolet, wash basin and shower cabin.
There is a small lift up to third floor. Unfortunately I stayed at fifth floor, so I had to carry my suitcases to walk up to my room. But I was lucky that when I was checking out, the staff happened to be around and helped me to carry one suitcase down to the lift.
During my four-day stay, the breakfast was the same every day which was kind of boring. For the rest, I have nothing to complain.
Overall, I was very satisfied with this hotel.

Room tip: If you carry big luggages, try to avoid any room in fourth and fifth floors, because the lift only goes up to third floor.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

I'm an actor and traveling a lot.
This time I was on tour in Holland and Germany.
Company booked 3star hotels in both countries.
Schumacher hotel is tottaly not worth 3stars
In first place it old, for example lift is dated 1958. Furniture in rooms is also from 70s. In some cases it might be an advantage!!! As a stylish hotel. But here NO!!! From a first step in it was a feeling of not clean atmosphere...
I got a room in 5th floor, and it felt that there was a smoking room for some time. I'm not a smoker so a clearly felt that. Hotel was fully booked so didn't want to play drama queen for changing the room.
Water pressure in shower was week, but that my personal disadvantage.

Breakfast is served in a small room in the first floor. It could be a nice place it needs a professional eye and hand to make it more cozy. But most important that range of food is not big. And when something is finished replacements cone VERY SLOW. and there's no tea or coffee self servise, though it would be nice but when you have to remind twice that you asked... It's just not what you want in a morning. And on a second morning a came 9.30 so ALL tables where full a of dishes and it didn't seem that lady is will fastly to do her job...

Usually I try to stay positive but this time... Final spot was when checking out i had to climb through "hills" of use bad linens in a corridor...

So form my side- sometimes it's better to pay extra € but you'll get what you paid for

Date of stay: September 2016