See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 December 2017

We booked this hotel as it was relatively close to the The Centre and included breakfast. It is in a quiet residential area.

We had a warm welcome and given a map of the area. We were advised the walk into the Centre was approx 20 mins. This was a pleasant walk which included an arcade of trees with a canal between. Lovely at night as the trees were lit.

The room - we had a suite which we appreciated- having a settee is an advantage when listening to music etc. There was a radio and TV in lounge and bedroom. However no English speaking channels. The bed I am afraid was very firm but we slept reasonably well. The rooms are quite old fashioned, do not have tea/coffee making facilities but are clean and a hair drier is provided. The curtains were very good at providing a black-out effect.

Bathroom was quite small, good quality towels, squeezy soap and tissues provided.

Breakfast was an excellent cold buffet with a lovely choice of food and a very good service of refilling the buffet. Coffee was served but tea was self-service.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite!
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

parking costs were not communicated, there a only a few places for breakfast so get there on time. staff was very unfriendly during breakfast. cannot recommend for a visit to düsseldorf. location and cleanliness were okay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2017

This is one of the best stays I've ever had in a hotel, whilst over to see Kraftwerk in Dusseldorf. First and foremost, it was so clean it glistened. This hotel is not swanky, but then again I don't like swanky things or swanky people. All of the staff from reception, to breakfast, to housekeeping are all friendly and efficient, the whole place runs like clockwork. The rooms are basic but have most things required. TV with English news, good shower, hairdryer, fan and best of all, I didn't hear a thing in my top floor room (and it was busy due to Tour De France), the walls are solid. Breakfast is fantastic and plentiful. I would not hesitate to recommend this place, the owners take pride in it and are a credit to their profession. Really calm place. Discreet but always on hand and helpful, thank you for a great and good value stay. (oh and if you're a fan of artisan coffee, there's an espresso shop/cafe just round the corner called Espresso Perfetto, world class espresso and equipment, what a find)

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

The Astoria is a private held hotel near the center of Düsseldorf. It has few rooms available and as backup a couple of apartments. The apartment I got was incredibly awful, dirty and closer to a smoky bar rather than a hotel room.
Regardless of my personal taste, I found it unfair of being given such a bad accommodation and with a price that was a rip off (fair week). Avoid if possible.

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip. The staff are extremely welcoming, the hotel is very clean with adequate room. Ideally located especially for the cathedral and Christmas markets. Great breakfast served with plenty to chose from. I would definitely stay here again. I only rated 4 stars due to no bath just a shower in the room.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business