See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 July 2017

This is one of the best stays I've ever had in a hotel, whilst over to see Kraftwerk in Dusseldorf. First and foremost, it was so clean it glistened. This hotel is not swanky, but then again I don't like swanky things or swanky people. All of the staff from reception, to breakfast, to housekeeping are all friendly and efficient, the whole place runs like clockwork. The rooms are basic but have most things required. TV with English news, good shower, hairdryer, fan and best of all, I didn't hear a thing in my top floor room (and it was busy due to Tour De France), the walls are solid. Breakfast is fantastic and plentiful. I would not hesitate to recommend this place, the owners take pride in it and are a credit to their profession. Really calm place. Discreet but always on hand and helpful, thank you for a great and good value stay. (oh and if you're a fan of artisan coffee, there's an espresso shop/cafe just round the corner called Espresso Perfetto, world class espresso and equipment, what a find)

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

The Astoria is a private held hotel near the center of Düsseldorf. It has few rooms available and as backup a couple of apartments. The apartment I got was incredibly awful, dirty and closer to a smoky bar rather than a hotel room.
Regardless of my personal taste, I found it unfair of being given such a bad accommodation and with a price that was a rip off (fair week). Avoid if possible.

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip. The staff are extremely welcoming, the hotel is very clean with adequate room. Ideally located especially for the cathedral and Christmas markets. Great breakfast served with plenty to chose from. I would definitely stay here again. I only rated 4 stars due to no bath just a shower in the room.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2016

I chose this hotel primarily for its cost and its proximity to the center of Dusseldorf. For ~€50/night, you really can't beat this. Included is a small but varied typical German buffet breakfast, which I enjoyed. The room was warm and quiet, no frills, just a nice place to refresh and rest after a long day out enjoying the sights.

It's pretty close to the Dusseldorf-Friedrichstadt S-Bahn station; this made it really easy getting there direct from the airport (just take the S11). However, the walk is not particularly well lit when it's dark and there's very little foot traffic around, so you might consider walking from Dusseldorf Central Station, which is about 15 minutes or so.

Only downside is the main door locks after hours (which hours, I don't know), could be a bother if you tend to come back late. I had to ring the doorbell a few times to get the night manager's attention when I didn't see anyone inside to help.

I am really quite pleased to have found such a good value hotel with good service, would definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 November 2016

This small hotel is situated approx 5 min walk from the shopping streets. There is a small private parking (4 cars). We had room 21, which is a spacious family double room (2x2 beds) . Everything is very clean, warm welcome and friendly staff. Breakfast is good. No restaurant for dining.

Room Tip: With kids ask for room 21: two rooms, one with twin bed and one with two beds.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family