Max Brown Hotel Midtown
US$101
US$98
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
NH Duesseldorf City(Dusseldorf)(Great Value!)
US$72
Hotel Favor(Dusseldorf)
US$199
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsrecord playerbasketball hoopquirky hotelreception barold townsmall roomgreat boutiquejapanese quarterstayed here for four nightsother citieslight sleepergreat bedtrain stationlocation is excellentfantastic hotelstaff was very friendly and helpfulbreakfast was delicious
Reviewed 28 November 2017

This hotel is well located only 10mins walk from the central station and the main shopping district. The staff are pleasant and speak good English and the hotel certainly has a quirky style of its own in a good sense. Bar on the ground floor and breakfast included. No restaurant on site as far as I could tell.

My rooms was described as small on the website but it really was tiny with a width barely wider than a double bed and really nowhere to put the suitcase. Small bathroom was adequate and everything was very clean. Noise was a bit of a problem from the corridor and neighbouring rooms and, being cold weather, it was not really feasible to have the windows open for long periods and the room became quite stuffy overnight.

The hotel has a small, old fashioned style lift which seemed to having some issues while we were there. Wifi free and available but tended to disconnect from time to time.

Breakfast was a pleasant buffet with all the usual offerings.

I would stay here again for the convenient location if I was in town for a short trip. Otherwise I would tend to search out something with slightly bigger rooms.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Max B, Shiftleader Front Office at Max Brown Hotel Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Nsw123,

Thank you so much for your reservation and your feedback.
We are really happy that we could convince you with our great city centre location, the tasty breakfast buffet "on us" and the stylish room interior.
Obviously we regret that the booked small double room was too small for you.
In our three double room categories (from small to large) you will definitely find something suitable for you, with enough space to work, relax and enjoy (although for a stay with more than one night:-))
Just ask us if you have any questions, our reception desk is 24hours seated and is looking forward to help and support in any case!

See you next time again in Düsseldorf,

Your Max Brown Midtown Team

Reviewed 23 November 2017

We had a fleeting visit to Dusseldorf, staying there to visit Dortmund for a Champions League game. We spent a night at Max Brown Midtown and couldn't have been more impressed.

We had a very quick check in and were upgraded to a larger room (102). The staff are really friendly and it has the feel of a family run hotel, despite having an outwardly hipster vibe to it. There's lots of carefully thought out touches throughout the hotel -
kitsch basketball nets in rooms, free flavoured water in reception, lots of quirky lights, board games and plush couches. For a 3* hotel, Max Brown Midtown very much bats above its weight and is more of a boutique hotel.

It's also really well located and in a safe neighbourhood - bang in the middle of the Japanese district with cafes and shops around it and about a 5 minute walk to the central station and 10 minute walk from the old town. We'd definitely visit again!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Max B, Shiftleader at Max Brown Hotel Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Hey ddiamond85,

Thank you so much for your booking and your great review.
It makes us so happy to see, that you loved your stay, especially because of the heartly decorated rooms, the retro design in our social space downstairs, the delicious breakfast buffet "on us" and the welcoming staff.
It´s so cool that the whole concept could totally convince you and made your stay so extraordinary!
We are totally awaiting for your next visit:-)

Best regards,

Your Max Brown Midtown Team

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Although the website advertises rooms from 87 Euros I paid 360 Euros per night for a room of roughly 15 sq Metres (including bathroom)! The rooms are tiny with no desk and very thin walls (hope the guy's cough in the next room is better). On check in there were exposed wires in the bathroom which could only be fixed the next day.

Certainly not a hotel if you need facilities or intend spending any time in the building.

Hate to think what 87 Euro buys!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear sp344,

Thank you very much for your booking and and your review.
We really regret that the booked room could not fulfill your expections during your last stay because of the high rate.
Please note that the shown prices always present the lowest regular rate - not the rate for the actual moment.
During exhibition periods the prices are regularly higher because of the high demand.
To avoid any minundertsnadings during your hotel booking, you have the option to have a first view on the sizes and equipments on the hotel websites.
Obviously we are interested to avoid any surprises after check in and that the guests feel well during their time with us.
Nevertheless we will forward your critic to the regarding department to doublecheck, especially the bath room situation and the noise Isolation!
Additionally we would be happy to welcome you again in future (obviously outside the exhibition period) to convince you with our service and the whole hotel concept.

Best to you,

Max Brown Midtown Team

Reviewed 30 October 2017

I booked Max Brown because I'd passed it on a previous visit to Düsseldorf and it looked supercute and fun. It was, but with some distinct problems.

First of all, rooms are tiny. TINY. I was staying by myself so I had no problem, but had I brought a friend or partner we would have had trouble getting comfortable. Next time I'll either book a bigger room or make sure I don't spend too much time at the hotel. Walls are paper thin. I heard TVs, bathrooms being used, and yes, some intimate behavior as well. What's more, I was booked in the '03' line, which was right next to the elevator shaft. It took me about a day to realize what those constant metallic clanking noises were, but they kept me up at night AND woke me up in the morning.

Internet, although free, was unreliable. It worked, but since you had to click a "Terms and Conditions" button and physically connect through a separate pop-up window each time, if you left your computer or device alone for 10 seconds it disconnected and you had to go through the process again. A bit ridiculous.

Lastly, I was rudely awakened on my final morning at 8:15am by housekeeping. I've stayed in hotels my entire life and have never EVER had this happen. I mean, wouldn't you at least wait until after breakfast? In any decent hotel, housekeeping would have a list of those checking out every day and of course would wait until those people had left. I was checking out at 11 and had consequently set my alarm for 9. Why were they so desperate to clean my room at 8:15, when even most business travelers might not have left the hotel for the day yet?

All the same, I thought the bed was exceptionally comfortable and bathroom large. I liked the bath products and the shower pressure was excellent.

Room Tip: Try to book larger rooms, don't choose any in the '03' line.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank giuliapines
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Max Brown is a small "family type" hotel in downtown Dusseldorf. The rooms are small (though not smaller than average in large European cities), but very well equipped and maintained. The bartender is also the receptionist, and was very nice. The beds are wonderful and the shower is great. Good old German hospitality reasonably priced.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business