“Good choice for the business traveler, less suitable for weekends” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Duesseldorf

Hilton Duesseldorf
Ranked #26 of 236 Hotels in Dusseldorf
GreenLeadersBronze level
Frankfurt, Germany
“Good choice for the business traveler, less suitable for weekends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Hilton Düsseldorf is a good choice when you are in town for business. The airport is incredibly close but the hotel has no feel of an airport stopover kind of hotel.

It's easy to get into downtown, anyway, either by public transport or by taxi for less then 10 Euros. I had some time to kill before my downtown meeting so I actually walked along rive Rhine which took a little more than 30 minutes.

Reception was swift and professional, I was upgraded to a suite larger than needed for a one-day business trip. It had everything I needed and more (George Clooney would have loved the coffee-maker). If you know and like the Hilton brand their Düsseldorf hotel will most likely not leave you disappointed.

Breakfast in the morning was plenty and of good quality.

All in all, nothing to complain about but if you are in Düsseldorf for pleasure over the week-end maybe Steigenberger is somewhat closer to the old town.

Room Tip: Doesn't make a big difference. No spectacular views to be expected anyway.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonDUS, Personal Assistant to General Manager at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your great feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Dusseldorf. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit to Dusseldorf.

Yours sincerely,

Your Hilton Dusseldorf Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Hotel is really beautiful and well appointed. Desk staff (and others) were fantastic, helpful, and delightful. Breakfast is a wonderful buffet. The hotel offers transportation to and from the airport for 5 euros, and the hotel van comes at every twenty minutes after the hour, near the end of the terminals. Placard # 11, I think.
Room was large and new. Bathroom and shower area a bit odd for Americans. It seems to be a trend in new European hotel construction and remodels to use LOTS of glass as doors to, and within the bathrooms, which severely limits privacy. Trendy, but a trend that I hope dies quickly.
Location might seem a bit remote, but it is an easy 400 meter walk through a safe office building area to the 78 and 79 "subways", which will bring one to Dusseldorf center within 10 minutes. My great weekend room rate at the Hilton certainly made up for a few minutes of extra travel time. Subway was not expensive, and I bought the Dusseldorf Welcome Card which entitles buyer to free public transportation, free or reduced museum entries, and a few other perks. Well worth it for me.
I arrived before 10am, and the Hilton made a room available for me immediately; well before official check-in time. I did not get a room on the executive floor, but getting a room at all after the overnight flight was a treat! How picky could I be?

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Flaesb
HiltonDUS, Personal Assistant to General Manager at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on your recent stay at the Hilton Dusseldorf via Tripadvisor. It is our pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff made such a good impression.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in the future and until then remain

Your Hilton Dusseldorf Team
Deutschland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

This is the only Hilton in Europe where I have not gotten upgraded to the executive lounge for Hilton Gold status. If you park in the parking garage you have to go on a scavenger hunt to find the Reception Desk. I got to walk through a convention center being disassembled and a dressing room or something with people staring at me. I figured I had to be lost because there were no signs or anything, but no, it was the right way. Parking is also 22 euro, pretty steep. The hotel is also in the middle of no where, so no change of walking out the front door to get a quick bite. The room is a standard European Hilton room, but had the smallest bathroom I have ever seen. Let's just say I could shower, use the toilet, and brush my teeth all at the same time. Also the internet resets itself after 50mb of upload, which means every 10 minutes you have to reset the connection on skype. Overall, this place isn't worth the Hilton Points, even for a Gold Member. I have stayed at the Intercontinental in Dusseldorf too. It is much higher quality for approximately the same price.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
HiltonDUS, Personal Assistant to General Manager at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on you recent stay at the Hilton Dusseldorf. I am sorry to read that you had difficulties finding the front desk for check in. As you entered the hotel via our conference centre, please excuse that our signage was not visible for the reason of the CPD fashion show that took place in our property for several days.
Regarding that you were not upgraded to our executive lounge and I would like to assure you that we try our best to especially upgrade our valued HHonors guests. However, upgrades are subject to availability. During your recent stay there was no Executive room available.
I would also like to apologize for the slow internet connection and this is definitely not our standard. I can assure you that we will upgrade the bandwith within the next weeks.
We do hope that we have another opportunity to welcoming you in the future to show you that we can do much better.

Yours sincerely,

Torsten Weller
Director of Operations
Gateshead
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

Myself and my partner stayed in the Hilton Dusseldorf for three nights in February. We were checked in immediately by Alex, who was friendly and helpful, offering us advice about the local tram schedule into the centre of Dusseldorf, and giving us a map of the area.

The room we stayed in (704) was immaculate, and the bathroom, although small was sparkling. Towels were changed, and the waste bin was emptied on a daily basis.

We ordered breakfast to our room on all three mornings, and the service was prompt. On the first morning however, the room service arrived and about two minutes after we'd closed the door and started eating. housekeeping were knocking on our door which was irritating as we clearly had just received our breakfast and did not want the cleaners in at that time. I would advise to always use the 'do not disturb' door hangers, even though common sense would tell the cleaners not to go straight to the room that had just received breakfast.

Phone calls abroad from the room are extortionate. Avoid where possible!

My partner made use of the steam room and sauna facilities and advised that they were brilliant. If we'd both wanted to use them together we would have had to request another dressing gown as there was only one in the room.

When we checked out we were charged for items from the mini bar that we had not used. We were going to have a bottle of Coke and packet of Pringles, but we put them back after looking at the prices. We were still charged for these, so advice would be not to remove anything from the fridge unless you definitely want it!

The hotel bar is well decorated, welcoming and the staff are great. The prices remind you where you are staying!

We were checked out by Julia, who advised us that we could leave our bags at the hotel free of charge until we were ready to go to the airport, which was helpful as we were not flying until 21:00, and check out is at 12:00. She also advised us how to get to Cologne, and printed us a train schedule and advised us of the prices.

Overall this was a very pleasant stay, the staff are very accommodating and the hotel is really comfortable. It seems a great hotel for people on business and tourists alike. Dusseldorf city centre is easily reachable by tram or by taxi (€10-12). It is about 15 minutes in a taxi to the airport, so it scores 10/10 for accessibility!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah N
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay at the Hilton Dusseldorf. It is a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with the services and friendliness of our front desk and AXIS Bar staff and that you appreciated our location and the spa area. We also very much appreciate your constructive criticism in regards to the cleaning habits of our housekeeping staff – we should definitely work on our communication amongst departments here. I would also like to apologize for the inconvenience caused by our mini bar account settlement system. As soon as you lift one of the mini bar items it automatically gets charged to your room. Of course you can always inform our front desk team and they immediately remove these accidental charges.

We are looking forward to your next visit in Dusseldorf and in the meantime remain

Torsten Weller
Director of Operations
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

We could stay here at a bargain rate, so for me it was excellent for the price we paid. However, if you pay the classic Hilton rate, you just get the classic Hilton experience, so then I would be slightly disappainted. (This is why I rate this hotel as "avarage", if "good" was an option, I would have picked "good").

Location is a bit out of the city center, yet within 5 minutes time if you take the tram. It looks like an excellent hotel for business: large conference center, spacious desk in room, comfortable working chair.

Check-in was efficient, room was bright and the hotel was very clean. Bathroom was small though. I didn't make use of the spa/fitness facilities, but they looked large enough for a business hotel. Bar area is nice too.

Breakfast was in a modern, airy room with lots of options.
One big plus: bike rental is for free!

So in general: a good, hasslefree stay for a bargain rate.

And one more thing: Hilton is truly the only hotel chain that recognizes the importance of a warm smile: everytime you pass by, you will be noticed and greeted, an important touch to make you feel valued as a guest!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank T_Belgique
HiltonDUS, Personal Assistant to General Manager at Hilton Duesseldorf, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comments on your recent stay at the Hilton Duesseldorf. It is our pleasure to read that your stay was good and hasslefree and that you felt as valued guest.
We are looking forward to your next visit and until then remain

Your Hilton Duesseldorf Team