“Best Italian restaurant in Dusseldorf ”
Review of Saittavini

Saittavini
Ranked #110 of 2,039 Restaurants in Dusseldorf
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Oberkassel
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

The food is really delicious ! They have known that does it mean ‘al dente’!! Can recommend pasta with black truffles !! It’s really good.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

The restaurant has a nice atmosphere. The food is good. The Italian wine list is comprehensive. All quite over priced but pretty good. Location in Oberkassel also very nice. So consequently have been a few times.

Unfortunately each time, whether booking over the phone, or talking in person the service at every level is dismissive, rude and arrogant. This is a pervasive culture in the place and not restricted to a poor staff member or off night.

I strongly recommend to resist the draw of the food and location and go elsewhere. The attitude, behavior and worse of all the intent is such a wave of arrogance and ego it will spur the evening as it has on every occasion for me.

It is not one bad thing it is implicit in everything they do.

This is the first place that has really moved me to write a highly critical review.

1  Thank LGBower
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Absolute authentic Italian kitchen. Very impressive wine menu. Good menu. Good and fast service team.

Nice interior.

A little expensive but worth it. You should book a table as it is busy during week days.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

My family have been here a few times. Reservations are definitely required. Even with reservations, you need to wait. The FIRST visit, we waited only a few minutes. The SECOND visit, some of the people eating weren't leaving so the wait was 30 minutes (with reservations and we showed up on time...luckily we didn't have to drive as we live nearby). OK the food: I am enamored by the prawn risotto. The first time I had it..I would give it 5 stars! The second time, the risotto was a little too al dente, the prawns were overcooked. I didn't complain. I never complain anymore. I always eat my food because there is always another part of the dish itself or the meal which I enjoy. They make a delicious gnocchi with cheese and passata sauce. Their ravioli is delicious. Yes, the food is on the pricey side, but when they had their Michelin star, it was justified. Not so much now. A Michelin Star is given based on food, presentation, and service. Food doesn't deserve that star now. Presentation is very nice, but not modern or refined enough to move into a star category. As for service, too slow. The restaurant is mostly crowded all the time (because the food is good) but it always seems under staffed. You always see the manager, the cooks, the waiters, everybody helping take orders and serve food....this doesn't happen in a Michelin Star restaurant. This is a typical 1-2 hour slow munch German dinner establishment where people come to be seen and show off. No one will say it but its a fact. There are other restaurants like this in Dusseldorf and Saittavini is one of a handful in that list. I LOVE coming here NOT dressed to impress! Why not? Because I live very very close by and feel I don't need to overdress in a suit and tie to eat some food. Saittavini owns every major restaurant, bar, pub, deli in our area. All with the exact same type of people and the same type of attitudes. What i'm saying is that if you don't dress to impress with a nose WAY UP in the air and behave like a snob, you will (sometimes) be treated a low as you dress.

3  Thank texasexindusseldorf
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We were to dinner with business partners in this restaurant! Excellent food choice, also wine choicei have tried steak with pisstachio sauce and it was amazing tasty! Recommended to visit!